My down fall is dessert

Options
Paralyza
Paralyza Posts: 19 Member
I always seem to want something sweet after meals, any suggestions on healthy sweets to fill the craving?

Replies

• tnkbest
    tnkbest Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Vita top muffins are really good. 5 dark choc. hershey's kisses are 100 calories. I have recently discovered the special K bars.I like the chocolate pretzel and I just tried a new one, it is filled with chocolate (they also make blueberry and strawberry which are pretty good). THey are around 100 calories a piece.
  • Paralyza
    Options
    Chocolate pretzels sound yummy and the fruit ones add variation, ty
  • delonda1
    delonda1 Posts: 525 Member
    Options
    2 of my favorite options...

1. turkey hill frozen yogurt which is 90cal for 1/2 a cup and then i add a little honey (64cal for tbsp) and cinnamon to it..

2. those dessert cups you can find in the front of the grocery store and then i put a little vanilla greek yogurt or whip cream and some fruit...taste so yummy
  • wilkyway
    wilkyway Posts: 151
    Options
    FRUIT!

I too am a dessert-victim!!! But since I looooove fruits like ripe peaches, nectarines etc. that does me a good dessert!
    OR a piece of dark, organis chocolate, eaten reeeaaaal slow :-)
  • RuthSweetTooth
    RuthSweetTooth Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    I always plan a dessert, usually it includes a serving of fruit and meets my calcium intake. You're just a dessert eater like me, so plan it and budget it.
  • Paralyza
    Options
    Lol that's funny, "eaten really slow" I totally agree with this. Or it might get ugly, lol.
  • Piperella
    Piperella Posts: 5
    Options
    I really like low fat yoghurt, teaspoon of vanilla essence and a teaspoon of sugar substitute. Another fave is ricotta instead of the yoghurt. They both totally get me over any sugar cravings after dinner.
  • charlena48
    charlena48 Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    I always thought I had to have something sweet after lunch and dinner. At the beginning of the year I quit eating sugar because diabetes runs heavily in my dad's family. I slowly have added fruit back into my diet. Now and then I will eat Dove sugar-free raspberry creams or when I can find them York sugar-free peppermint patties. You have to be careful with these choices because if you eat too much they have a laxative effect. One other thing I have to add is that once I stopped eating the sweets, I stopped having the cravings for this type of food. Good luck!!
  • sweetnlow30
    sweetnlow30 Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    I like in season fruit like berries or peaches. I like to add some low fat Cool Whip for a treat. The Thinsations cookies or chocolate pretzels are good too. You can always make 110 calorie (roughly depending on cake mix) mug cake. Here is the recipe:

1 box angel food cake mix (need this for powered eggs whites)
    1 box devils food cake mix

shake together in a large zip lock bag then portion out three tbsp into a large mug. Add two tbsp of water and I also like to add a tsp of cocoa and a dash of instant coffee crystals. It improves the flavor. Stir and microwave for one minute. This is great with cool whip and fruit for a special treat!
  • gettingto98
    Options
    some ideas:

pudding (non-fat, sugar free) - they are around 60 calories and come in chocolate/vanilla/boston cream/swirl flavors
    rice pudding (non-fat, sugar free) - these are 70 cals and super great
    frozen dessert treats - weight watchers makes super good per-portioned treats (bars, sandwiches, tubs of ice cream) and you can find some to suit your calorie intake, skinny cow does the same -- personally i LOVE weight watchers cookie dough ice cream cups (150 calories)
    frozen yogurt - you can buy brands that clock in around 100 calories for a half cup like stonyfield

a personal favorite recipe for only 40-50 cals: take one cup unsweetened, vanilla almond milk, combine with a tiny bit of vanilla extract, salt, and a tablespoon of unsweetened cocoa powder and a stevia packet. put in a zip lock bag and seal. put a larger bag around it filled with ice and rock salt. seal that. shake for like three minutes and viola -- an ice cream/ice milk thing that is a HUGE portion and i personally love.