Do I delete friends?

Options
I have just gone through my friends list and have noticed that almost half of them have not logged in for other 4 months. Should I delete them in case they come back or should I just delete them? One of them has not logged in for 9 months.

How long do you leave it before you delete friends?

Replies

• caraiselite
    caraiselite Posts: 2,631 Member
    Options
    4-7 days unless i know they're on vacation.
  • kathyms13
    kathyms13 Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    personally i never delete, they may have probs but im here when they get back on track.
  • Rae9911
    Rae9911 Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    Thanks, I think I may need to have a bit of a clear out.
  • hhayes06
    hhayes06 Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    I guess it would depend on how many friends I have. Of course, if they aren't logging on then they are showing on your home page so did you even know that they were your friends? :laugh:
  • Rae9911
    Rae9911 Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    When I joined the site I did not know anyone on the site and they were just people I made friends with through the site to support each other as we made our lifestyle change.
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,082 Member
    Options
    If people would disable the feed settings that say "memberXYZ hasn't logged in for 622 days, she needs encouragement" lots of people wouldn't know or care.
  • crisanderson27
    crisanderson27 Posts: 5,343 Member
    Options
    I have just gone through my friends list and have noticed that almost half of them have not logged in for other 4 months. Should I delete them in case they come back or should I just delete them? One of them has not logged in for 9 months.

Is the fact that they are on your list causing you some kind of physical or emotional discomfort?

If not...what harm in keeping them?

Just curious.
  • krisiepoo
    krisiepoo Posts: 710 Member
    Options
    I guess if you feel your friends list is out of control, then delete but otherwise who cares? If they happen to come back, they're gonna need support anyways
  • 47Jacqueline
    47Jacqueline Posts: 6,993 Member
    Options
    Go to My Home. Look at the line of choices below it. One says Friends. Click on it. That will take you to a page that has all of your friends' pictures on it and there is also an "x" in a box next to their name. If you click on the "x" it deletes the friend.
  • chocolateandvodka
    chocolateandvodka Posts: 1,856 Member
    Options
    1-2 weeks without logging and you get the boot. with the exception of a) valid reason and b) exceptionally bangin' body or c) i like you more.
  • skylark94
    skylark94 Posts: 2,036 Member
    Options
    I don't delete. It's not hurting anything to have them there and they may need some support if they every decide to come back.
  • Kara52217
    Kara52217 Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    30 days and your out unless otherwise noted.
    I need people to help me stay on track and if they aren't around I look for new friends who are :)
  • taunto
    taunto Posts: 6,420 Member
    Options

Is the fact that they are on your list causing you some kind of physical or emotional discomfort?

If not...what harm in keeping them?

Just curious.

I like to keep a small friends list. Like anything over 45 is too much for me personally. So I like to keep those slots for dedicated friends who log consistantly (unless I know theres a reason the're not logging).

@OP: Its a personal preference. Cris I think never deletes, I got a friend who also never deletes. I delete after a week of inactivity unless they notified me
  • jimbo2180
    jimbo2180 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I'm just trying to keep my friends list low-ish. i want to feel like i actually know my friends on MFP
  • barkin43
    barkin43 Posts: 508 Member
    Options
    personally i never delete, they may have probs but im here when they get back on track.

This. :flowerforyou: Because I have back-slid myself and was really happy when I came back after a couple months and almost all of my friends had waited me out. The ones who didn't were not really friends anyway, in my humble opinion.
  • xHelloQuincyx
    xHelloQuincyx Posts: 884 Member
    Options
    i only keep close friends :] if they arnt helping you, why keep them?

remember this journey is for YOU
  • AggieLu
    AggieLu Posts: 873 Member
    Options
    I delete. I used to feel bad for doing so, but if someone is hurting themselves on purpose, I don't want to be a part of that, especially when trying to be a good supportive friend. I delete people who aren't committed. I understand that some may be going through a hard time, those I don't delete. Do what feels right for you.
  • Tallblondechick
    Options
    I'm just trying to keep my friends list low-ish. i want to feel like i actually know my friends on MFP
  • scott1646
    scott1646 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    I have someone that has motivated me a lot since I started MFP back in March and she had a family issue that has turned her world around. I haven't seen her log on for 2 months, but I did get a message from her a month ago on her status. Sometimes a little message can go a long way to someone who's been struggling and that may be what brings that actively back to MFP. I would at least give them a little nudge and see if there still around.

I'm sure your call whatever it is will be fine.
  • optimumchill
    Options
    I delete. I used to feel bad for doing so, but if someone is hurting themselves on purpose, I don't want to be a part of that, especially when trying to be a good supportive friend. I delete people who aren't committed. I understand that some may be going through a hard time, those I don't delete. Do what feels right for you.

Right on!