High calories food for potluck.. :(

Options
Tomorrow is my school reunion and picnic.. I am bringing my veggie trays. The trouble is everybody bring dish to pass.. with alot of high calories.. What can I do? I don't want to be a failure .. I understand weekend are rough!!! I try my best as I can to avoid these high calorie food.. :ohwell:

Replies

• ElizabethRoad
    ElizabethRoad Posts: 5,138 Member
    Options
    Eat before you go. Eat a lot from the veggie trays and a little of the other food. Exercise more. Have a higher-calorie day and realize that it's one day out of your life. Lots of options.
  • aimeeinohio
    aimeeinohio Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    Elizabeth gave you great advice. :happy:

You still have to LIVE your life, honey! Go, have a good time, and don't sweat it.
  • htrl877
    htrl877 Posts: 49
    Options
    Eat a little salad ahead of time and as soon as you get there go straight for water. Sometimes we mistake thirst for hunger.
  • macsgirl526
    Options
    Eat before.Or what I have done in the past is just get a small spoonful of somethings.You still get all the yummy foods but not as bad. Good luck!!
  • jerbear1962
    jerbear1962 Posts: 1,157 Member
    Options
    I had a family reunion two weeks ago, I took a veggie tray as well. There was baked chicken, plenty of beans, veggies everywhere and I kept away from the cakes, pies, breads. You can do it...just because it's there doesn't mean you have to eat it.
  • MillerCrock
    MillerCrock Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    watch your portions, use a little plate, drink lots of water, and chit chat chit chat (away from the food) I know there are some of your classmates who are in the same place you are!
  • Leia74
    Leia74 Posts: 8
    Options
    I survived!!!!! Thank you, everybody for your support. Yay yay