I refuse to sit around and be depressed

Options
First of all, let me say thanks to everyone - I posted a topic on Friday called "I got dumped last night" (http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/684567-i-got-dumped-last-night) and a bunch of you came to support me and it was awesome. Some of you sent me messages (too many to reply to all of you, so accept my gratitude), and a handful added me as a friend.

Locally, I'm still new to my city so I only have a handful of good friends to hang out with - a lot of my friends are married, and I did NOT want to be a third wheel - so I called a friend and told her that I wanted to get out of the house and have some drinks. She was up for it, so we met for dinner at 7.

Danielle is the perfect person to be around in situations like this - she promised not to console, but instead distract me - she's very sarcastic (like me), very funny and open (like me), and has no filter (like me). I've only ever hung out with her twice before, always in groups, but we're close through Facebook and Twitter.

A couple of drinks in, I actually realized I hadn't even thought about Kristin. We never even mentioned it....well done, Danielle. Nice job at distraction.

At 9pm, I got a burst of spontaneity and suggested a trip to Kings Island for some nighttime roller coasters. It didn't take any arm-twisting. We were on the road in a flash. Managed to hit a few coasters before the park closed at Midnight, and got to ride The Beast in the dark (no, that's not a sexual reference, it's an amazing coaster).

In the time we spent in lines for the rides, we continued our conversations, and just had a great time. It was EXACTLY what I needed.

When I dropped her off at 130am, I told her that I owed her because she really came through. She told me to shut the hell up, and high-fived me on her way out the door.

Furthermore, when I got home, I forgot to check my email to see if Kristin wrote. Didn't even think about it until this morning.

Perfect. This is the person I need to hang out with more.

Thanks again, everyone,
Jeff

P.S. Before you get any ideas....no, Danielle is not a replacement. She's awesome and smart and beautiful and single, but not date-able. I'm not ready, and I don't want to become another one of the guys in her list that she now mocks so hilariously.

Replies

• JeffInBuckeyeNation
    JeffInBuckeyeNation Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Oh, but I did gain two pounds last night - food and alcohol in excess last night. I refuse to add it to my diary today on MFP, lol.
  • fueledbychange
    fueledbychange Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    She sounds great(: You guys should hang out more! I could totally use a friend like that in my life.
  • Sox90716
    Sox90716 Posts: 976 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! Attitude is everything! Drive on!
  • starcatcher1975
    starcatcher1975 Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    Glad you had a good time! Sitting around thinking about what happened doesn't change anything so there was no point in that. Also glad you're not going for the "replacement" girl. And sorry to hear you got dumped. That sucks all around but it does make room for new people and experiences in your life :happy:
  • AllonsYtotheTardis
    AllonsYtotheTardis Posts: 16,947 Member
    Options
    Friends like that are worth their weight in gold!
  • j_wilson2012
    j_wilson2012 Posts: 293
    Options
    Yeah dude....gettin dumped sucks. If you want my opinion....dont date anyone until you look the way you want to look. A relationship gets in the way of everything, and is very stressful. That girl that dumped you is a b****. Just hang out with friends, push yourself even harder. do not get fit to spite her. You will be there on false premises, and will easily gain the weight back. Work out to change who your next girl will be.
    That friend of yours, she seems cool. Just be sure not to get infatuated with her. It is easy to do after a breakup. And under NO circumstances sleep with her. That will make it awkward. Good luck!
  • susannamarie
    susannamarie Posts: 2,148 Member
    Options
    Sounds good, and I definitely agree with j_wilson. Keep her around as a breakup healer :D
  • Athena98501
    Athena98501 Posts: 716 Member
    Options
    That's great, Jeff! And you're definitely on the right track not wanting to date anyone right now, it wouldn't be fair to anyone involved. Distracting yourself during the roughest part is good, but do make sure you let yourself heal before trying to start anything up with someone new. You'll be stronger, and healthier for it.
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,080 Member
    Options
    I just wanted to say....The Beast at night sounds awesome.I used to have a season's pass when I lived in Centerville. Glad you had such a great time. The pounds will drop back off, no worries. It was Saturday night, jeesh. Live a little.
  • cindystephens29
    Options
    Great job on haveing a great time lol and dont worry about those 2 lbs they will be gone in no time and im sure they were worth it for such a great time out. glad you had a good night
  • gramacanada
    gramacanada Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    Ah Ha she sounds like the perfect friend. Someone to laugh with. Super important. Keep your goal. You're still here. The other girl doesn't matter anymore. It's hard, but she has her reasons too. Maybe it had nothing really to do with you. Good luck!