Marinade?

Options
Ok... we are BBQing tonight, and I portioned out the steaks and weighed them so I know they are all around a serving size. Question I have is how do I calculate the marinade? I get rid of most of it and there isnt much on the meat.

So how do I figure out the cals?

I am using Mr. Yoshida's Original Gourmet Sauce....it says 45 cals for 1 tbsp. Am I adding the full tbsp to each serving? It never looks like much on the meat after it is drained and it sits for a few mins on the rack before cooking and a good bunch of the sauce drips off before cooking. None gets added afterwards....cos its so good it needs nothing else lol

Replies

• I_love_frogs
    I_love_frogs Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    bump please?
  • pfwright1
    pfwright1 Posts: 31
    Options
    Can you total the tsp for all the steak, take the steaks out, then measure what is left over and subtract from the orginial amount? Example----180 calories for 4 steaks subtract 90 calories not used=90 calories / 4 steaks=22.5 calories. Hope this helps.
  • mmapags
    mmapags Posts: 8,934 Member
    Options
    Do whatever makes you feel comfortable. It is insignificant in the big picture. Let's use your Yoshida's example. Let's say there is 3/4 of a tablespoon in one portion. You are talking about 35 calories. I can only speak for me but in my 2200 or so calories per day, that is not significant. Log it if it makes you feel better but the margin of error on the rest of your intake that day could be more than that.
  • mmapags
    mmapags Posts: 8,934 Member
    Options
    Can you total the tsp for all the steak, take the steaks out, then measure what is left over and subtract from the orginial amount? Example----180 calories for 4 steaks subtract 90 calories not used=90 calories / 4 steaks=22.5 calories. Hope this helps.

And would all that measureing make that much difference for 22.5 calories? And how much burned off on the grill? Could we be getting too OCD about this?
  • I_love_frogs
    I_love_frogs Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    Ok sweet then I wont worry about the marinade total.

Thank you for helping me :)