questions to wii fit owners/users

Options
my teenage son bought our family a wii and wii fit for christmas!:happy:

setting it up today was fun.:bigsmile:

in my future w/ it, i do not just want to have fun!:huh:
i want a good workout.

what do you do w/ your wii fit?
do u get sweatty?

any other tips or hints about it you can share w/ this wii newbie?:wink::wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink:

Replies

• lisawest
    lisawest Posts: 798 Member
    Options
    I don't know many answers for you because we just got our Wii Fit Plus, and set it up last night. Today I tried out a bunch of the games, and played with some of the other stuff. In just over an hour I burned around 275 calories (according to my HRM). If you have the Fit Plus, there is a place where you can customize your workout according to what you want to work on. I think as time goes on I'll discover new "tricks" with this, but I would sure take any advice or suggestions anyone else offers!
  • Chenoachem
    Chenoachem Posts: 1,758 Member
    Options
    Wii Fit Plus does have the place where you can customize or combine workouts. I don't get sweaty with it. It is a fun light day workout. I can burn about 200 calories in 45 minutes if I focus on cardio activities like hoola hoop and step aerobics. If you want something for the Wii that will get you sweaty I would suggest "My Fitness Coach". It is about $20 on amazon.com and gives you customize workouts that are geared toward your fitness goals.

Have fun with it. It is a great way to get the whole family moving.
  • judithwelch
    judithwelch Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I really like the Gold's Gym Cardio Workout for the Wii. It works with or without the balance board. There are several levels you can workout to. I feel that it is a good workout. I burn more calories on it then I do on the Wii Fit and Wii Fit Plus.
  • cambam84
    cambam84 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I highly recommend My Fitness Coach on the Wii!!! It makes you feel like you did a great work out and all the times I've gone it I've woken up the next morning with sore muscles so I guess I do get some sort of workout out of it!! I just got the Wii Fit Plus for Christmas and I am super excited to check it out, I felt the wii fit wasn't much of a work out but is a lot of fun!!! I'm not sure this helps but I really really recommend the My Fitness Coach.
  • oregonlady
    oregonlady Posts: 2,743 Member
    Options
    thank you:flowerforyou: thank you:flowerforyou:

i just asked my son, and we do own a "wii fit plus".
    i look forward to expolring it w/ my children while school is on vacation.

i love learning/hearing comments on this new toy from fellow mfp folks!
  • wonderwiiwoman
    wonderwiiwoman Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    ae sports is also another one to get sweaty with....hope you enjoy yours as much as I have enjoyed ours:bigsmile:
  • jennbrown7680
    Options
    I enjoy the strength training and core workouts (via the yoga exercises). For more intense cardio I love the EA Fitness...I have not tried the new one but the old one is great, and it uses the balance board!! The one great thing about the wii fit is the fact that you can see your progress and to me that is a great motivator...I hate seeing my little mii blowing up like a balloon lol