Replies

• IsleEsme
    IsleEsme Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Bumping for later. Yummo!
  • milele_transfome
    milele_transfome Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Salt, pepper, grill, then mango salsa on top.
  • arw4
    arw4 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Bump!
  • RoboLikes
    RoboLikes Posts: 519 Member
    Options
    Baking is the easiest method for me, so I usually cover a fillet in lemon slices, chopped garlic, salt, and pepper and bake in a foil tent at 350 for 25 minutes (depending on how thick the fillet is cut.)
  • vara123
    vara123 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Probably not the best thing if you are looking for a super low-cal option, but my friend oven baked salmon with a drizzle of maple syrup over the top the other day - it was incredible! I guess a tablespoon per large salmon filet would do it, so only adding around 40 cals. It was sweet, sticky and salty and salmony all at once - yummers!
  • WildcatMom82
    WildcatMom82 Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    I never really enjoyed salmon, but I made some the other week cooked in tinfoil on a bed of lemon slices with just a little salt and pepper for seasoning and it was like a totally different fish. Even my husband raved about it. Normally I don't like lemon with my fish, but it worked for me with the salmon.
  • TheRealParisLove
    TheRealParisLove Posts: 1,907 Member
    Options
    Cedar Plank with any kind of sauce. So good! You've not had salmon until you've had planked salmon.
  • StarvingDiva
    StarvingDiva Posts: 1,107 Member
    Options
    On the grill with lemon pepper. I'm boring. But it tastes soooo good! Tonight I am trying salmon burgers. Tempted to slice some oranges and sub out tomato with orange slices on the burger to give it that citrus taste that goes so good with salmon.

That sounds delicious.
  • GoalSixPack
    Options
    Salmon and eggs

Little olive oil pam in a cast iron pan, put salmon in let cook on one side then flip and put a few eggs around it. Season with little pepper.
  • chlorisaann
    chlorisaann Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    bump!
  • joy31021
    joy31021 Posts: 216
    Options
    bump-great ideas!
  • vara123
    vara123 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Cedar Plank with any kind of sauce. So good! You've not had salmon until you've had planked salmon.

I've heard about this planking for cooking steaks and other things too - it's really not done in the UK at all from what I can tell. Where do you get a plank from to cook it on? Will any old plank do? Do you just shove it in the oven?
  • kutterba
    kutterba Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    We grill a lot and I can agree with Duk, Dianne, and RealParis- the simpler the better!
    We use an aluminum pan, I place chunks of whipped butter, sprinkle with hormel bacon pieces, Morton & Bassett "herbs from Provence" and then lemon pepper over it all. BBQ VERY hot at about 450F for about 20-25 minutes. On the propane grill you leave the top closed the whole time so the fish does not come out dry.
    When figuring calories I take the calories for the salmon, add calories for 1T each of the whipped butter and the bacon pieces. We cook this at least once a month year round and it's worth every calorie!
    ENJOY!
  • kutterba
    kutterba Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    I forgot to say skin side down and it's easy to remove right out of the skin because it sticks to the foil.
  • Suz_w8loss
    Suz_w8loss Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    I take room temperature butter & mix it with some fresh chopped chives. Spread the the butter/chive mixture over the salmon. Add some sliced lemons/limes & top with fresh dill. Cover in aluminum foil & bake on 400 for about 20-25 minutes.
  • KevinLamb77
    Options
    My Fav is to marinade in olive oil, sea salt, fresh rosemary, lemon juice, and garlic. Then grill on a well lubricated very hot grill. The outside of the filet should be slightly charred. I have family that says that they don't like salmon, but always have seconds when I make it this way.
  • marsellient
    marsellient Posts: 591 Member
    Options
    We eat salmon done all kinds of different ways ( the suggestions here all sound great!!!) but this makes a nice dinner or appetizer on occasion: Rub a whole large skin-on filet with mild curry paste and leave for 20-30 minutes, then spritz with some olive oil and BBQ. Remove the skin and lay over a bed of greens and spring onion (or salad of your choice) dressed with a balsamic dressing (mix in a little sour cream if you like creamy dressing) and garnish with the green parts of the onions.

My grown up daughter asks for this every time she comes home!
  • NoxDineen
    NoxDineen Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    Cedar or maple plank and BBQ it up.
  • cosmicrelief
    cosmicrelief Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    We cook it on the BBQ with a good dash of sea salt and chilli flakes. Simple but delicious!
  • Chainie
    Chainie Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    HOT AND COLD MARINATED PAN SEARED SALMON

MARINADE/SAUCE:
    1/2 cup raspberry vinegar (or sustitute whatever vinegar you like)
    1/4 cup honey
    4 cloves garlic, minced
    1 fresh red chili, minced or finely sliced
    1 Tbsp. fish sauce
    1 Tbsp. soy sauce
    1 tsp. kecap manis ( or dark soy sauce or 1 extra Tbsp. regular soy sauce)
    1 Tbsp. minced lemongrass (I grow mine so is always handy)

Marinate, preferably a few hours or overnight. Pan sear in tblsp of eg. Sesame or peanut oil. and the drop pan temp and cook until only just cooked and still juicy and tender and soft. Eat hot for dinner.

Note: I make a double batch and do some fillets slightly under cooked (they finish cooking as they cool) and then I chill them and serve cold, flaked into a salad for lunch next day. So yummy both ways.