Ripped in 30 question

Options
Today I just started Jillian Michaels "Ripped in 30" workout video. For those of you who have completed it and saw results, did you do any exercise in addition to the video? Any additional advice to see the best results possible?

Replies

• lilylux
    lilylux Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Bump - I'm just about to finish 30 day shred and would like to know what results are like from RI30.
  • AdrienneinTO
    AdrienneinTO Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Please be careful to do extra stretching before doing Ripped in 30. Jillian does not do nearly enough stretching in that DVD. It also seems hard on the lower back.. Don't rush the moves, be careful to use proper form Several months ago, I did Ripped in 30 twice and then had to stop. I hurt my shoulder/arm. I think I pulled a tendon. It was extremely painful for weeks.

As for the question of adding other exercise, it depends more on what you feel like doing than anything, I think. Neither of you seem like you need to lose much weight, so you probably don't need to add in more cardio. But you can, if you want. I used to do 30-Day Shred, followed by 30-40 min of intense cardio. I found that very challenging, even though I had been doing 60-70 min of intense cardio most days before buying the DVD.

I have been doing 30DS lately, no extra cardio. I am becoming more toned and my stomach is flattening. I am eating just below my maintenance levels, however, because I'm not really trying to lose much weight. But judging from my results, I'd say that you would able to lose weight while toning up if you only did Ripped in 30 (or 30DS) combined with eating at a reasonable deficit.

Good luck :)
  • Billie09
    Billie09 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    static stretches before exercise are more likely to result in injury, you need to do a proper warm up of marching and moving before ever stretching. Stretching cold unworked muscles is not good strategy.