Sit-Up, Squat, & Dip Challenge – 6 Weeks, Starting July 30

Options
I’m looking for a dedicated group to complete the following 6-week programs:

http://www.twohundredsitups.com
http://www.twohundredsquats.com
http://www.onefiftydips.com

Since they work different muscle groups, I think doing all three simultaneously is achievable. It will be up to you if you do all three on the same days or stagger it. Even if you can already do high number of each of these, this may help get you on a better exercise schedule and see faster improvements!

Here’s the plan –
1) By 6:00a.m., Monday, July 30th: Post a reply to this message. Include any info about yourself you wish to share, as well as your initial calf, thigh, hip, waist, and upper arm measurements (if you don’t want to share this publicly, feel free to PM me instead – I will only post % improvement in the results table).

2) By the end of Wednesday, August 1st: Complete the three Initial Tests and post your results.

3) By 7:00p.m. EST on Sunday, August 12th: Since it recommends a break after the tests, I’ll give everyone until August 12th to finish week 1. Post how you feel, your "max" quantity for you last day's set of each, and your current measurements (again, PM me if you don’t want this to be public). On Monday I will post a table of results and rankings based on % improvement.

Finish dates for each week are as follows –
Week 1: August 12
Week 2: August 19
Week 3: August 26
Week 4: September 2
Week 5: September 9
Week 6: September 15

While the joy of your accomplishment should be sufficient, I will work on a prize idea as well!

Replies

• cynthia_marie427
    Options
    hello i would be interested in doing this program can you send me more information
  • yes_i_can
    yes_i_can Posts: 419
    Options
    hello i would be interested in doing this program can you send me more information

Hi, Cynthia! Each of the sites gives information on completing the exercise properly. Then, you complete an initial test to see how many of each you can execute properly and consecutively. Based on that number, the site outlines sets to complete three days per week for the following six weeks so that you gradually build up your strength and the number you can execute consecutively.

Let me know if you're still interested!
  • greenbaymichk
    greenbaymichk Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I'm in - I need to work on strengthening core and upper body!
  • 47Jacqueline
    47Jacqueline Posts: 6,993 Member
    Options
    I did my initial tests for the squats and sit-ups came out as excellent in the squats and average for the sit-ups. I'm looking forward to doing the first Day tomorrow.
  • yes_i_can
    Options
    Welcome, ladies! After the cut-off I'll post a new topic noting it's a closed group and asking for your starting numbers.

Looking forward to the extra motivation! :)
  • ArtemisXXII
    Options
    I'm in, looks like a great way to get in some exercise in that I wouldn't normally. Can't wait to get started.
  • amc119
    amc119 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I'm going to try to add this to my Insanity regimen, as well as the 100 push ups as I need those for my PFTs. Hopefully I won't exhaust myself too much between those 5 things but I will try my best! I'm in! And will get my measurements when I get home from work (but it will be after 6am as I'm a night shifter, sorry)
  • Sunshine_Girlie
    Sunshine_Girlie Posts: 618 Member
    Options
    I remember when I did this before. I also did the push ups. I think I should do this to get back on track.
  • goodcoffy
    goodcoffy Posts: 25
    Options
    sounds like a winner, I'm definitely interested in this challenge.

my measurements are

neck 15
    bust 44
    r. upper arm 16
    l. upper arm 16 1/2
    waist 52
    hips 55
    r thigh 30 1/2
    l thigh 31
    r calf 18
    l calf 18
  • yes_i_can
    Options
    I'm going to try to add this to my Insanity regimen, as well as the 100 push ups as I need those for my PFTs. Hopefully I won't exhaust myself too much between those 5 things but I will try my best! I'm in! And will get my measurements when I get home from work (but it will be after 6am as I'm a night shifter, sorry)

Welcome! No problem about the measurements - I just need those with your initial test numbers. I just wanted to set a cut-off so we all start at the same time and I can close the group.

I'm also going to work on run/walk intervals during this too. This is definitely designed to either start off or supplement!!
    I remember when I did this before. I also did the push ups. I think I should do this to get back on track.

Welcome to you too! I'd love to do the push-ups, but I don't have the strength yet to not do them on my knees and I have bursitis (feels like I'm being stabbed through the kneecap if I kneel) so that won't work either! That's why I threw the dips in - gotta work the arms somehow!!
  • Sbehlmer
    Sbehlmer Posts: 464 Member
    Options
    Count me in on this challenge!! I will message you all my info......
  • kprizzl87
    kprizzl87 Posts: 3
    Options
    Do you mind if I join you guys for the ride, but just do the situps challenge??
  • stonea22
    stonea22 Posts: 46
    Options
    Hi,
    Can I still join this challenge?

Angi
  • robinske
    robinske Posts: 5
    Options
    Sounds fun, I would like to join. So the goal is to do these exercises each day....and see how many we can do in a row and then see if that number goes up each day ? I am just a bit confused about the way this works. Also how does one just pm to the author of this post? Sorry such silly questions.
  • yes_i_can
    Options
    Hi, all! Yes, this is still open, so I've added each of you to my list. Answers to a few questions...
    So the goal is to do these exercises each day....and see how many we can do in a row and then see if that number goes up each day?
    Not quite. If you go to the webpages you'll see a schedule based on your Initial Test results. So, for instance, if you could do 16 squats today, you will follow the middle training column within the tables - 3 exercise days per week's webpage.
    Also how does one just pm to the author of this post?
    If you click on my name there should be a button to email me.
    Do you mind if I join you guys for the ride, but just do the situps challenge??
    No problem!
  • onyxgirl17
    onyxgirl17 Posts: 1,721 Member
    Options
    Count me in!
    I'm 5 foot 6 , 161 pounds

Calf: 14
    Thigh: 25
    Hip: 42
    Waist: 29
    Upper Arm: 12
  • twinsfan184
    Options
    Good luck with your project!
  • janlange
    janlange Posts: 7
    Options
    Hi ! Okay, I'm in...but I'm in China, so your 6: AM is my 9: PM the next day...so our schedules will be off, but I'd love to take the challenge with you. How many people are doing it so far?

Jan in Zhuhai China
    janstowers@gmail.com
  • suzysioux
    suzysioux Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I'm in please :flowerforyou:
  • RoseG1
    RoseG1 Posts: 11
    Options
    Count me in ! I definitely need to work on strengthening these areas. This challenge will help me stay on track -- will get measurements & do initial tests asap.