vegetables!

Options
I love veggies! What are your favorite ways to eat them? I'm always looking for new ideas.

Replies

• kacinace
    kacinace Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Roasted in the oven with a little olive oil, garlic, salt & pepper! Or grilled during the summer.
  • kannemollen
    kannemollen Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    My mornings scrambles are always loaded with veggies... anything we have! Zucchini, celery, spinach and onions are my favorite!
    Baby carrots and hummus is another one of my go to snacks :)
  • musicgal86
    musicgal86 Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    Kale is one of my favorite veggies! It is very nutrient dense and I often have 1 or 2 kale salads a day :)
  • JenniferNoll
    JenniferNoll Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    I like to get a nice mix of veggies, (peppers, squashes, garlic, onions, brussel sprouts, carrots, etc.), spray them with olive oil cooking spray (low to no cal), sprinkle with salt and pepper or other spices, and bake in oven at 400 until browned and carmelized. Yummy.
  • Springfield_Rocks
    Options
    I loved sliced tomatoes with salt and pepper!!

Soups are another favorite way to eat veggies.

Tossed salads. Good filler. :-)
  • twiztc
    twiztc Posts: 135
    Options
    I LOVE BROCCOLI

yeh ...I said it....me

I never touched the stuff- hated it in fact for my 40 years on this earth. then I realised why

It was always over cooked, boiled steamed fried, everyone cooked the crap out of it.

now I eat it almost raw- 1 cup in the microwave with a touch of olivina and a sprinkle of garlic for just 1 minute to get it hot but not cooked

yummmmmy
  • I_love_frogs
    I_love_frogs Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    Roasted broccoli, carrots, delicata squash, yellow squash, sauteed asparagus, steamed veggies, fresh corn, english peas, artichokes!!!

I even found that I love brussel sprouts. Yes I said it. I LOVE SPROUTS!!

And so many more I should mention :)
  • cuffs_r
    cuffs_r Posts: 41
    Options
    Cauliflour sauted with olive oil and eliphant garlic! Yum! Or Brussel sprouts pan fried with mushrooms with a small amount of canola oil, sea salt and white pepper
  • SaraBunny592
    Options
    Baby carrots + Hummus = <3
    I also LOVE fresh garden veggies cuz they taste amazing by themselves :)
  • saraann4
    saraann4 Posts: 1,312 Member
    Options
    I LOVE BROCCOLI

yeh ...I said it....me

I never touched the stuff- hated it in fact for my 40 years on this earth. then I realised why

It was always over cooked, boiled steamed fried, everyone cooked the crap out of it.

now I eat it almost raw- 1 cup in the microwave with a touch of olivina and a sprinkle of garlic for just 1 minute to get it hot but not cooked

yummmmmy

My dad had to pay me to eat broccoli. Now I love it. Fav veggie next to green beans.

Haha, I'm like total opposite. I want it overcooked and soft especially if it's a side veggie or in something. I can't stand al dente broccoli. Although, I can eat it raw now. You either cook the darn things or eat it raw.

I usually just steam my veggies and add a couple spritz of I Can't Believe It's Not Butter spray w/ Olive Oil. Simple and to the point.
  • GO_NadZ_xO
    GO_NadZ_xO Posts: 445 Member
    Options
    I like to keep it simple. I love having a side of steamed veggies with salt and pepper when I have a piece of fish/chicken/meat :)
  • GO_NadZ_xO
    GO_NadZ_xO Posts: 445 Member
    Options

My dad had to pay me to eat broccoli. Now I love it. Fav veggie next to green beans.

I LOVE GREEN BEANS!
  • ITS_MY_CHOICE
    ITS_MY_CHOICE Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Mashed: potato, cauli, broc, pump, carrot, swede with peas and corn on top :)

or

roasted

or stirfry.
  • gemmalouise85
    gemmalouise85 Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Shepherds pie!!

Meat lovers:
    Extra lean mince
    2 oxo cubes
    i dash in any veg i can find - sweetcorn, peas, carrots, onions,
    the mashed swede and carrot on top instead of mash and cheese.

Vegaterian:
    Swap mince for quorn mince

Its really gorgeous esp if you love your veg - reallly low cal so can eat quite alot and be really filling x