What motivates you?

Options
I've recently got married and my husband is very supportive - I just cannot seem to be so strict as what i used to and can't seem to get on track. What motivates you?

I'm going on holiday in 10 weeks and would like to loose some before then xx

Replies

• onyxgirl17
    onyxgirl17 Posts: 1,721 Member
    Options
    Looking at the size 8's I used to fit into....
  • spearson288
    spearson288 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I have a habit of going on the computer first thing in the morning so I have a stream of motivational "posters" going to remind myself to get in a workout instead of sitting at a computer :)
  • aloha311
    aloha311 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    Pictures of myself 2 years ago after I had lost all the weight from having kids. Now I've had 2 babies in 2 years so I have a lot of baby weight to lose. But those pictures keep me going. And having my husband as my biggest cheerleader helps too. :)
  • gramacanada
    gramacanada Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    I have a major trip planned. If I'm not fit. No way can I go.
  • vallemic
    vallemic Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    My weekly weigh-in... seeing that number going down motivates me :)
  • fiberartist219
    fiberartist219 Posts: 1,865 Member
    Options
    My health motivates me. I want to feel good, rather than sluggish. I also want to avoid diabetes.
  • CaralynH
    CaralynH Posts: 18
    Options
    Wedding in, oooh, 8 days. For my first wedding 10yrs ago I was 12lb lighter than I am now and 18lb lighter than when I started this current diet. Plus my UK size 8 jeans didn't fit anymore. And I felt wobbly.

Jeans now fit and I feel a little better, but I know I can do more and I'll carry on for a while.
  • Sharon_73
    Sharon_73 Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    Every day that I wake up cancer free motivates me.
  • corinneselene
    corinneselene Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! I just got married too! When I am not eating healthy or exercising, it affects my relationship. When everything is on track, I feel good, I know I look good and our relationship is amazing!!!
  • mmapags
    mmapags Posts: 8,934 Member
    Options
    That I am 61 and I don't act it or feel it! That I just spent 2 days at the beach boogie boarding! That my sex drive is still very strong ( you asked!) That I can pretty much do anything I
    ever could. That I'll be able to have fun doing things with my yet to be born grandchildren! (a big one. First one is 6 months away)
  • AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member
    Options
    Looking in the mirror is all the motivation I need.
  • ohmariposa
    ohmariposa Posts: 372 Member
    Options
    smaller clothes...I LOVE not being stuck with Lane Bryant anymore LOL
  • Zalli
    Zalli Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    I have a major trip planned. If I'm not fit. No way can I go.

Me too. I leave for Peru next week and my fitness on the Inca Trail is my main motivation right now.

That and looking good for my birthday in August-- the birthdays with a number that ends with a zero always seem like such a milestone.
  • chrisdavey
    chrisdavey Posts: 9,834 Member
    Options
    up coming power lifting competition.

Train for performance & don't be a nutritional retard and things generally just fall into place :smile:
  • jvhall83
    jvhall83 Posts: 35
    Options
    Like a lot of people here, and yourself, I just recently got married as well :) Congratulations! What motivates me is that my wife is very fit, and i also have health issues. I also have a stepdaughter and i want to be fit and healthy for my new family to make sure that I can live a long healthy life with them. I have diabetes and suffer from sleep apnea and high blood pressure...the only way to make those better is to drop the extra weight and become a new me! That is what I will do...
  • anaboneana
    anaboneana Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    i have high-hopes of becoming a physician's assistant.. and i don't want to be unhealthy, telling people how to be healthy. i want to be a good example for those who come to me for care/support.
  • Phaedra2014
    Phaedra2014 Posts: 1,254 Member
    Options
    Health. I hit 40 and I knew that I didn't want to be overweight, sedentary and stressed out anymore.
  • ericbonfiglio
    Options
    Getting back in shape, watching the weight come off, weighing in each day and seeing it drop, diabetes is almost gone without meds, high blood is normal...feel much better and looking better.
  • Phaedra2014
    Phaedra2014 Posts: 1,254 Member
    Options
    Getting back in shape, watching the weight come off, weighing in each day and seeing it drop, diabetes is almost gone without meds, high blood is normal...feel much better and looking better.

Fantastic! Keep up the good work.
  • zealousmissjj_wechange
    Options
    Hi there,

I kicked myself in the *ss real hard for staying the way I was. I woke up one morning and was just DONE.

It's hard work and you have to be tough for yourself. And when you've put in the work, pat yourself on the back for doing well!

I try to work out 4-5 times a week, even if it's half an hour. I watch my foods, stay away from junk food and go for long walks with my boyfriend (2hours).

Good luck!! You can do it!! The motivation is seeing your body change and fitting into great clothes again.