binged :(

Options
jane987
jane987 Posts: 36 Member
HI guys

I felt so hungover yesterday and ate soooo much! I consumed a whole family pizza, a packet of double coat tim tams amongst other things. I think I ate about 3000 calories and I feel so sick today.

Do you think I'll put a lot of weight on from it? All my hard work has gone down the drain... it sucks

Replies

• julialla
    julialla Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    All of your hard work has not gone down the drain! You had a big splurge day, relax, move on, tomorrow's another day. You can do it, good luck :)
  • happyfeetrebel1
    happyfeetrebel1 Posts: 1,005 Member
    Options
    3000 calories is less than a pound, so no, I don't think you'll gain a lot. You will, however, probably retain a bunch of water for a while, pizza tends to be high in sodium.

You'd need to consume 3500 calories ABOVE your caloric needs to gain a single LB. Don't make this a habit and you'll be just fine :)
  • skonly
    skonly Posts: 371
    Options
    It happens. The important thing is you are aware of it and noticed. That's half the battle.

What is a tim tam?
  • Jeliwood
    Jeliwood Posts: 61
    Options
    You may put on some water weight in the short term because of all the soduim but it's okay. Everyone has their bad days. I have this week as well. All you can do is pick yourself up and dust yourself off and start again the next day. It takes 3500 calories to gain a pound. Keep that in mind.

Also keep in mind that every health decision you make is worth it and one bad decision won't over rule all the other ones. You just need to make more good ones than bad ones :)
  • michelle_valencia
    Options
    Jane...we all know how you feel...but girl, wow, now wonder u feel sick!!! I know when I binge its always something sweet n salty!! The chocolate covered pretzels...usually ten w a big glass of milk. Or if I had a steak at 10 pm I would suck it down. You know its ok to binge, its just called moderation. Good luck girl...you can do it!! Oh, another suggestion..I went out n bought a blender. Lowfat vanilla ice cream, or any flavor..add fruit..my favorite, vanilla bean with strawberries n blueberries.........IT IS SO FILLING and you wont be able to eat anything for hours afterward!!! Lowfat icecream and fruit, I think its pretty healthy!!!
  • happyfeetrebel1
    happyfeetrebel1 Posts: 1,005 Member
    Options
    It happens. The important thing is you are aware of it and noticed. That's half the battle.

What is a tim tam?

A tim tam is a wonderfully delicious bit of heaven cookie that generally isn't sold in the US. A few stores sell them during the Holidays, which is how I tried them
  • Irish_eyes75
    Irish_eyes75 Posts: 475
    Options
    I'm a numbers girl so I would still log everything I ate if I binged like that. 1. to keep myself accountable to ME and 2. to see how you shake out at the end of the week. You could be overestimating or heaven forbid underestimating the # of calories you ate. Speculating doesn't help, get the facts and the only way to do that is to log.
    Also thinking all your hard work is down the drain isn't a good way to think. When I go over or eat crap I don't consider it a wasted day, if I did I would just give up and never get back on the horse.
  • cinn13
    cinn13 Posts: 4
    Options
    Make sure you balance your electrolytes today and drink plenty of water to help your body move all that salt through. Bananas help me when I eat to much salt. Keep it in perspective and don't dwell on it, learn and move on. I went to the fair this week and told myself I am going to enjoy the food, it only comes around once a year, but I made sure I drank water and exercised to balance it all out
  • skonly
    skonly Posts: 371
    Options

What is a tim tam?

A tim tam is a wonderfully delicious bit of heaven cookie that generally isn't sold in the US. A few stores sell them during the Holidays, which is how I tried them

Oh. lol. I noticed a candy bar in the kitchen today. My son must have left it there. I looked at it. Has stuff in it I'm not supposed to eat so I just moved it away. I have been wanting sweets really bad for a few days. I did switch to no sugar coffee creamer. Wonder if my body is missing it.

Don't feel bad. Pizza tastes good. Next time you feel like you can't say no just eat one piece, even if it's big. It's small changes that stick with you. Trying to give up too much to fast doesn't work.
  • jane987
    jane987 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone!
    I did actually log my food from yesterday - thats how I know it was 3000 cals. Dear oh dear. Thoguht I'd kicked the binge habit.

Will get to the gym after work and try to sweat some of those tim tams out! haha
  • I_love_frogs
    I_love_frogs Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    Let's look at the bright side.

You logged it!!

You accepted the consequences of your actions and are actively trying to do something to help.

You have done great!! Remember, you are HUMAN!! That means you are not perfect. None of us are. We all slip and we all fall down at some point...the question is do you pick yourself up and move forward or do you stay and consider yourself a failure?

You are doing fine :) One meal is not going to kill your weightloss!! You might slow down a tad, but drink lots of water and work off the timtams and the pizza and you will be back on track before you know it.

Look at how you are dealing with this :) You not only logged EVERYTHING so you know the extent of the calorie overload, but you are drinking the water AND going to the gym!

You rock!!

And you will be ok :)