Hello Newb!

Options
Hello I am new here, I started on this journey 5 days ago. I have been fat all my life, since early childhood. I turned 30 this year and am finally putting ME first! I have lost 9 pounds in the last week and am continuing to loose so I can have gastric surgery. NO ONE I know but me understands what hardship this life long battle has put me through. And to that I say NO MORE! I'M DONE! I would love to meet some of you very inspiring people :-)

Replies

• RealMattHopkins
    RealMattHopkins Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Hey, not a lady here but I wanted to congratulate you on taking these first big steps!
  • jonwv
    jonwv Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    Sorry but I'm not a lady but any way i can help give you encouragement and support i will. We got yah back here
  • reggie2run
    reggie2run Posts: 477 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP!
    This site is great. Full of wonderful people in the same situation, struggling with the same issue.....full of people who understand.

I've sent you a friend request.
  • aliciacalvin
    Options
    Sorry Gentlemen, I guess I should have browsed the site a lil more before inserting foot in mouth!!!!!!!!! lol Anyways thank you all, I'll fix the op
  • MNguerita
    MNguerita Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    You're definitely in the right place to make that lasting life change! Stay committed, with the tools and friends you find here it's a piece of cake! Add me if you like.
  • MHippler
    MHippler Posts: 4
    Options
    Sorry, I don't have any pics posted, but I d(id just come off the 40 day diet of the HCG diet. I did the diet through a doctor and found it to be amazing and lost 32 lbs in 40 days. I don't have flab as a result of the quick weight loss -even though I have another 30 lbs to go. The HGC goes after the Bad Fat, The Third Fat, The Viseral fat. The Viseral fat is the fat that hangs in the belly, arms, thights etc... when folks lose lots of weight like on the Biggest Loser - which then requires surgery. You may want to seriously consider this weightloss program and discuss with a doctor. I also got off all my meds for Type 2 diabetes by the 2nd week of the 40 days. I am now on a six week maintance with eating 1,500 calories for most, but I am doing 1,200. While on the 40 day shots, each day, the diet is very restrictive as to what you can eat While- limited menu. While the caloric intake is minimal - folks need to s that the HCG shots iare burning about 1,500 calories of your own bad fat, which also makes you NOT WANT TO EAT. It took lots of effort to eat the 2 meals each day (lunch, dinner). While I have been on Jenny Craig, Weight Watchers, Liquid Diet, etc.. so you can see I am a pro at trying to lose. The best part is that I have lost more inches than one could ever imgaine. i have never had a waist and I do now, I was the square body, large neck, etc... Today at church, I had folks really in shock finally realizing that I am really thinner today. Some of course noticed sooner, but today was the magic. I do give the Glory to God for helping me connect with my Chiropractor who led me to this type of diet as a result of some of his patients success and then to simply the Glory to God to keep me focused that I did and still have not put one morsal of wrong food in my mouth. I will be 52 this December and while I had the motto - fat at 50, fit by 50 birthday. That came and went and now, I am thrilled at almost 52 that I will be finally the person that I have always envisioned myself to be. If I can be of any help-no matter what you do - following a protocol with calories etc... My Fittness pal is a huge benefit to help me keep control and exact count. God Bless, Michelle
  • jessiesaurus_rex
    Options
    Hi, You made a really good choice wanting to lose weight :) I support you, good luck and don't give up :smile:
  • EQHanks
    EQHanks Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    Welcome! Good luck on your journey!! Here for support if you need it
  • MorbidNTT
    MorbidNTT Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    My wife is 7 years out of Roux-en-Y, so she definitely understands your plight. It is going to be a hard road. But you'll make it.
  • gcook57
    gcook57 Posts: 1
    Options
    Hi
    I'm 55 have been over weight most of my life. I have had times when it was not a probelm,but not many.
    The weight is just getting in the way of my life and what I want to do, so here I go again