clean eating

Options
hi im looking for advice on clean eating please,

Replies

• kathyms13
    kathyms13 Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    hi, im heading toward clean eating, your welcome to see my diary.
  • kann09
    kann09 Posts: 12
    Options
    I try to stick to one ingrediant foods. It is not always easy but, it keeps you away from processed foods.
  • sjsosu
    sjsosu Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    I try to stick to one ingrediant foods. It is not always easy but, it keeps you away from processed foods.

this^^^^^
  • kaervaak
    kaervaak Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    Make your own food from scratch using high quality ingredients. Eat lots of veggies and fresh meats.
  • ctooch99
    ctooch99 Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    It's a topic on here that is highly debated. Some people feel there is no such thing because all food is processed to a degree (even produce).

I personally define it as shopping the perimeter of the market. Center aisle foods are generally highest in refined sugar and additives. Here's a video that may also help you too...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t9MH_tks_wE
  • kat5556
    kat5556 Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    My 2 favorite sites for recipes and ideas are www.skinnytaste.com and www.100daysofrealfood.com. The second one is more of a blog so you can read all about eating 'real' food but they have a lot of recipes too. Skinny Taste has awesome recipes that even I can make and I've never been know for my domestic skills!

You're welcome to see my diary. I don't eat everything "clean" but about 75% is and I'm working towards a higher percentage all the time.
  • graelwyn
    graelwyn Posts: 1,340 Member
    Options
  • asugar
    asugar Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    Just go with nothing in a package. Whole grains, nuts and seeds, lean protein and fruit and veggies organic If possible!
  • 1ViciousCutee
    Options
    Something I did was join sparkpeople.com to get there recipes.(You don't have to join I think). One week I started eating things like salmon, tilapia, salads with avocado no dressing and started losing fast. I even put my fiance on it and he gains muscle and loses fat. Another thing to try is cauliflower pizza crust super awesome!
  • tinksmommy2006
    Options
    One ingredient foods?? you people are nuts. Look if you want to eat clean it is easier then what people think. Look for at least 80% of your food from either a farmers market or the out side walls of your favorite super market, that is usually where the fresh meats, cheeses, veggies, and fruits are. I use a lot of fresh garlic, limes, lemons, and other citrus to flavor my things. when buying anything from a box, can, or bag look for 10 ingredients or less, KNOW what all of the ingredients are! Like for example what preserves the food is a big indicator...if it is preserved with natural things like ascorbic acids, Vitamin C and Vitamin E, castor oil, salt, sugar, alcohol, or vinegar well then chances are higher that it is ok...if it has things like Benzoates (such as sodium benzoate, benzoic acid) Nitrites (such as sodium nitrite) Sulphites (such as sulphur dioxide) Sorbates (such as sodium sorbate, potassium sorbate) well then it is way processed. research labels, brands, ingredients. educate your self on natural ways to make foods. and if there is more then 10 ingredients pass on it. look forward to making the majority of your food from scratch...it sometimes gets tedious but it is very much so worth it. and always remember less is better...although i have to say one ingredient foods...those peeps be robbing themselves of some awesome NATURAL flavors...js
  • ixap
    ixap Posts: 675 Member
    Options
    hi, im heading toward clean eating, your welcome to see my diary.
    same here :)
  • magj0y
    magj0y Posts: 1,911 Member
    Options
    I think by 1 ingredient food, they mean make your own macaroni and cheeses instead of buying it boxed.
    While it's not the easiest task for low-level cooks, it's not impossible.
    Throw a bunch of "1 ingredient foods" together to make a meal. Once you get the hang of certain foods and throwing together spices, it's not difficult. It's the learning process that poses difficult for people who find cooking and the kitchen with all it's shiny utensils, gadgets and thingies that plug in daunting.
  • AiimeeDee
    AiimeeDee Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • bwelches
    bwelches Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Check out the book called Nourishing Traditions
  • jasonpclement
    jasonpclement Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    Eat like a caveman! Think about it that way, and you'll make some better decisions....cavemen didn't have twinkies...or pasta, or well...most of everything we all get.
  • Natsume
    Natsume Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I try to "eat cleaner." I will admit I still eat processed foods, but I try to make sure the ingredient list is fairly short, or that I recognize the ingredients. Kashi for example is a GREAT cereal. One BIG culprit in my diet that was "unclean" was turkey bacon. It has less fat than pork bacon, but the ingredient list is scary. Needless to say I decided the splurge and fat were worth less processed foods. It definitely feels good to eat clean. ^_^
    Good luck and enjoy the crazy, yummy, scary ride!
  • ockara
    ockara Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Obviously everyone has different ideas of clean eating, for me its just meat/veggies/fruit/clean oils/nuts & seeds. Everything should be as close to its natural state or you should be able to eat it from its natural state.

I started with marksdailyapple.com a few years ago, there is a ton of info