Some give me a logical explaination...

Options
This last week I've been working my *kitten* off. 1400 cal goal, and working out a ton.

But nothing is happening.

Im still at what I was before. I don't want to lower my cals to 1200 cause I feel so sluggish and my working out normally creates a good enough deficit. My net is normally around 1100 or 1200 or 1300, not over while I eat like 1400-1600 a day. I feel absolutely great doing this!

And my BMR is 1700.

What's going on? Mathematically I SHOULD be losing, right?

Replies

• Katahna
    Katahna Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    Plateau, everyone reaches them.

Sticking to the same routine will make you hit the plateu much harder, try changing things up a bit, work out in the morning instead of night, start eating more in the morning and tapering it down through out the day, things like that =]
  • wildwhisper96
    wildwhisper96 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    It can't be that though, I fell off the wagon HARD for three weeks and was just getting back on track this week so it can't be that... Like I lost two pounds from the five I gained, but the last five days... Nothing.):
  • ixap
    ixap Posts: 675 Member
    Options
    You can't expect results in 5 days. That is not a plateau. Your weight naturally fluctuates by a pound or two due to things beyond your control. Keep at it with working out and sticking to your current calorie goal, and give it a few weeks.
  • Katahna
    Katahna Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    Well it's a process, experiment with different things, and youll eventually find one that is perfect for you!

I am going in to Mr. Katahna mode now, ok...

Go and find a local kick boxing class, and try it for 1 month!!!

And yes, had I known it was only a 5 day thing I would not have used the word plateu.
  • yo_andi
    yo_andi Posts: 2,178 Member
    Options
    If your BMR is 1700 you should actually try to net that.

Go here:

http://www.fat2fitradio.com/tools/bmr/

Put in your info, and adjust your MFP goals accordingly. Then, continue to work out and bust your *kitten* and you will see changes. Remember, you're not in a race here. You didn't gain weight over night and it's not going to magically fall off overnight.

Good luck!
  • froeschli
    froeschli Posts: 1,292 Member
    Options
    This last week I've been working my *kitten* off. 1400 cal goal, and working out a ton.

But nothing is happening.

Im still at what I was before. I don't want to lower my cals to 1200 cause I feel so sluggish and my working out normally creates a good enough deficit. My net is normally around 1100 or 1200 or 1300, not over while I eat like 1400-1600 a day. I feel absolutely great doing this!

And my BMR is 1700.

What's going on? Mathematically I SHOULD be losing, right?
    If your goal is 1400 then that's what you should net. not below. yeah, you'll lose weight netting at under 1200, but not in a good way.
    watch your sodium, sugar and alcohol too - basically anything that will make you retain water. if you've recently started exercising, then maybe you just need to let your body get used to it (exercise will make your muscles retain more water too). also drink enough water...
  • wildwhisper96
    wildwhisper96 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    You have been amazing, thank you!

But netting my BMR... I know I should. But it makes me very apprehensive. I'm dealing with getting over Weight cycling. So that much kinda worries me.

I can net 1400 for now, and work my way up to my BMR.
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    are you sure your BMR is only 1700?? that seems very very low for someone your age .. then again you might be 3 feet tall.

in ny case, you should be eating at least your BMR but less than your TDEE. you need to make your metabolism work for you and the best way to do that is to give it fuel
  • TheRealParisLove
    TheRealParisLove Posts: 1,907 Member
    Options
    Unfortunately, the body does not respond to simple math. It is more like advanced calculus adding in dimensions of time (what time you eat/exercise, what TOM etc) as well as different variables of calories eaten.

Give it another week to 10 days. Also throw in a binge day where you go over your calories 20-30% to keep your metabolism revving. That should do the trick.