What is your favorite way to burn?

Options
So tomorrow begins my fourth week on MFP...My ultimate goal is to lose 10lbs a month--more would be fine--but at least 10. So far I have lost 7...that means I have to drop three this week to hit my first goal! It is going to be rainy off and on this week, so it may not be the best week for swimming (which is my favorite) but I am going to have to figure out a way to burn burn burn! So tell me! What is your favorite way to burn calories?

Replies

• LeotaD
    LeotaD Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I work online, so a stationary peddler that fits under my desk is what I tend to go with most. When I get into work it's easy to forget what I'm doing and go for an hour or more. Mine adjusts for low and high resistance, so when I feel particularly motivated I just turn it up all the way. When it's not hot as all get out outside I go on long walks with my dog in the evening.
  • lyndall5311
    lyndall5311 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    I love doing a spin class - I burn around 450cal in 45min or I love boxing, which can burn anywhere between 400-500cal in 45 min.
  • Katalyst77
    Katalyst77 Posts: 79
    Options
    Interesting! I am going to have to look up this stationary peddler thing. I have a stationary recumbant (sp?) bike, but I get bored with that and I want to save it for this winter.
  • Katalyst77
    Options
    I love doing a spin class - I burn around 450cal in 45min or I love boxing, which can burn anywhere between 400-500cal in 45 min.

Ooh! That is a good burn! And it sounds like fun! I would love to try either of those! Unfortunately, I live about 30 minutes drive from the nearest gym... but I know that I am going to have to suck it up and get myself a membership this winter!
  • BigRich822
    BigRich822 Posts: 681
    Options
    Insanity!
  • mehaffeymk
    mehaffeymk Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    i like the elliptical, but mostly because my gym has individual tvs for the machines so i just l watch tv for an hour and it really keeps me occupied instead of hating life working out :)
  • Celliott411
    Celliott411 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Zumba!! I burn an average of 700 calories (when I go at it hard) in an hour and it's a ton of fun!
  • MikeDaMotivator
    MikeDaMotivator Posts: 1,144
    Options

Ditto. I burn around 1330 every spin class.
  • AllDIVA
    AllDIVA Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    kick boxing is my passion. If you are at the gym there is something called an "arc rider" (spelling). It is a cross between a stepper and elipticle. I burns more calories and it is harder.
  • nataliefamily3
    Options
    I love kick boxing. Jillian michaels has a pretty good dvd.
  • Katalyst77
    Options
    Zumba!! I burn an average of 700 calories (when I go at it hard) in an hour and it's a ton of fun!

Hey thats a good idea! And there are Zumba classes near me! hmmm!
  • Katalyst77
    Options
    I love kick boxing. Jillian michaels has a pretty good dvd.

oooh I love Jillian! I am straight as can be, but that woman is hot! ...and a little scary!
  • cheshirechic
    cheshirechic Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    INSANITY! ...I feel like Super Woman when I've finished, and it's never more than an hour. Other than that, I love a good, long, sweaty yoga session. <3
  • SpiffyMom87
    SpiffyMom87 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    INSANITY im struggling tho
  • MikeDaMotivator
    MikeDaMotivator Posts: 1,144
    Options
    INSANITY im struggling tho

StrugglING with an ING and not an ED which means that you didnt quit. Thats all that matters.
  • BaileyBoo13524
    BaileyBoo13524 Posts: 593 Member
    Options
    INSANITY or HIIT on the treadmill!
  • hegster01
    hegster01 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    My favorite way to burn cals is spin class - so fun & challenging every time! Second would be running....no gym needed ;) Lastly, it's important to weight train too.
  • momtokgo
    momtokgo Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    HIIT on the treadmill, or an early morning (5am) jog outside.
  • Hoakiebs
    Hoakiebs Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    Walking...rain or not.
  • RedBullLiz
    RedBullLiz Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    Insanity!
    I want that!!
    I would have to say being extremely social without realizing I'm burning up cals!!