Just a thought....

Options
I see so many folks posting that they are disappointed at how slowly they are losing weight. One pound a week is healthy and sustainable and gives you the time to learn your new lifestyle... Of course we all know that and I even frown a little when all I see is a 1 lb loss for the week.

But here's something to think about....

How shocked would we be if we gained weight as quickly as we wish we were losing it? We didn't get as big as we are overnight, or over a month and it's not coming off that quickly without making us very sick....

Replies

• seekingstrengthX2
    Options
    True dat!

If people gained a pound every single week, they'd be wigging out! :laugh:
  • gpstrucker
    gpstrucker Posts: 930 Member
    Options
    I understand people want to get the weight off and get impatient to do so, but I agree that it would be shocking to gain it that quickly.

Heck, I would love to drop the rest of my excess fat in a hurry, but I know doing so isn't healthy and it would likely come back rather quickly.
  • julialla
    julialla Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    I like that train of thought! I didn't gain all of this excess weight in a month, it's been growing on me for the past 4-5 years. It takes time :)
  • totallydevious
    totallydevious Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    I agree with you completely! If I gained weight like I wanted it to come off, man, that would be scary! People need to get in the mindset that this isn't a diet or just to lose a few pounds,it is a lifestyle change that is happening. Personally, I just started a week and a few days ago, and I just did my first weigh - in and my only thought was; God, I hope I lose something, ANYTHING! As long as it was something, I wouldn't have cared what it was. Amazingly, I lost five pounds and I couldn't be happier, but then again, I am bigger and have farther than most to go, so hopefully it isn't all stubborn body fat! Anyway, I wish everyone the best in their weight loss goals, along with other goals they have in life! If you wish to request me, PLEASE DO! I'm very active on here and I give support to everyone, and I am a great listener if anyone needs to talk. :flowerforyou:
  • stfriend
    stfriend Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    There was a lady on WW forums that I used to like alot. She said that when we gained weight, we didn't gain it steadily, week by week. We gained a little here and there, and sometimes went awhile without gaining anything. Losing weight is the same, only in reverse.
  • virgogrrl77
    virgogrrl77 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I like to think of it in terms of I cut and or burned 3.500 calories. Sounds way more impressive than one pound. :wink: