100 lbs to lose! Looking for friends :)

Options
Hi! I'm a mother to a wonderful little lady as well as a full time college student. I'm about to graduate in a year, head to grad school, and i'm working to change my life now! ! I started at 280, currently at 260, and i'm going to get to 160! Would love the friends/support

Replies

• mking
    mking Posts: 45
    Options
    Good Luck:smile:
  • dmperiman
    dmperiman Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    add me!

I'm also looking for someone who has about 100 lbs to lose. I'm 5'3" and I weigh 238. I started at 250!

I just joined yesterday and I really need some support. Really I need a sponsor...lol.

All of my friends are thin or aren't interested in taking on this journey with me.

Would be nice to have someone going through the same thing to talk to
  • swat1948
    swat1948 Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    I hit an all time high at 272 when I started my weight loss journey THIS TIME, lost 10 before I joined MFP so that's a total of 52 pounds and I would like to get to around 150. Maybe we can work on this together? I am much older than you but I have 2 grandsons who live with me along with their mom and I need a little more energy to deal with them. One has adhd and is a real challenge at times. I have my ticker set to 200 and when I made it there I had planned to drop it down another 50 lbs. Good luck with reaching your goal weight!
  • Tati_Mo
    Tati_Mo Posts: 10
    Options
    Good luck! Feel free to add me!!!
  • dawndw
    dawndw Posts: 203
    Options
    Oh add me and you can do it!!!
  • RondaK1
    RondaK1 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Awesome Chelsey

You can do this ;) anytime you need to talk just message me and I;ll be there for you
  • samaram27
    samaram27 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm Samara. I'm at the heaviest I've ever been at 227lbs. Its been a struggle all of my life. I here to stay motivate and to finally drop the weight 10lbs at a time!:flowerforyou:
  • gatorento
    gatorento Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    As a recent PhD graduate, I can say that it is awesome that you are beginning your weight-loss journey BEFORE going to grad school. Grad school is the part of my life that I gained weight, because I was not paying attention to my health. I wish you the very best of success in both weight-loss and in grad school!:smile:
  • jencush34
    jencush34 Posts: 1
    Options
    Wishing you good luck.. I just joined MFP and am looking for all the help I can get and give.. :)
  • blue3dragon
    Options
    I started @ 291 & am now 283.5 - my heaviest ever. My coworker introduced me to MFP back in April & I did well but lost interest. End of June I recommitted & am pleased with my 7.5 lbs loss so far. I try not to think of the 104 lbs I still want to lose as it seems so daunting but I just am focusing on the little lbs. feel free to add me as a friend!

Michele
  • Crin6
    Crin6 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Good luck on your journey! :) I am thinking of starting one of those marble jars, for each pound lost. Might be a good visual every morning for me.
  • Hooper28
    Hooper28 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Add me!

I am 41, married, and have a 4 year old daughter. I joined last July and lost a little over 50 pounds. I made it through the holiday's and then fell off the wagon in January. I don't want to blame the new girl in work but the skinny "B" (LOL) can eat out everyday and not gain and I didn't have the will power to say no to the yummy lunches we were having. I'm starting back tomorrow so I don't know my weight right now but it's at least 250. I know I can do it as I joined WW in 2003 and lost 97 pounds. I just need to find the motivation to stick to it.
  • Hooper28
    Hooper28 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I started @ 291 & am now 283.5 - my heaviest ever. My coworker introduced me to MFP back in April & I did well but lost interest. End of June I recommitted & am pleased with my 7.5 lbs loss so far. I try not to think of the 104 lbs I still want to lose as it seems so daunting but I just am focusing on the little lbs. feel free to add me as a friend!

Michele

I think that's part of my problem. Instead of seeing how great it was that I lost 50 pounds, I kept seeing that I still had to lose about 70 pounds and felt like I'd never get there.
  • kikishelle
    kikishelle Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Me too!
  • mama78loosinWeight
    mama78loosinWeight Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Hi! Add Me! Sounds like we have been though some of the same things. Mom of 2, in the midst's of moving now but also have plans for Grad school and have 100 lbs left to loose. :). I log everyday and am always looking for more friends who has similar goals. :flowerforyou:
  • Bijoux_Bug
    Bijoux_Bug Posts: 36
    Options
    Good luck! you can add me :)
  • kendallandike
    Options
    Hey :) I'm Kendall. I'm 198 lbs. trying to get down to 140! I've lost 3 pounds so far but it's a start! Add me!
  • MeltingCandlewax
    MeltingCandlewax Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    You can add me. I am going to lose 108 pounds total.
    Currently i have 88 left to lose
  • Nano1360
    Nano1360 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Hey, feel free to add me. I am also a grad student and I know how hard it is to find time to work out and how docile the day could be for students. I only have 30 lb but I think I would be around even after that.
  • jayne12469
    jayne12469 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Please feel free to add me! I'm new to this as well, and really learning a lot about my food choices.

Good luck with your journey...you can do it! :-)