Surgery Advice

Options
Hello all,

I'm going to be receiving surgery in a week on my throat to remove a cyst. After my surgery I will have a 2 week recovery period where I am to do absolutely no weight lifting and basically nothing else as well. I'm also confined to a soft diet and was wondering if anyone had any food suggestions for me. I want to try my best to stick to this weight loss plan while being bedridden but I'm unsure of what to eat.

Any help?? Feel free to add me as well!

Thanks

Replies

• Dragonldy69
    Dragonldy69 Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    Ask the Dr. if walking in place would be Ok?? There are several good walking tapes out there. I usually walk to Leslie Sansones Walk at Home CD.. She is great and you can do it at your own pace..
    If you are going to have to eat soft food try shake meal supplements..Fruit mixed in as well.. Useing Boost and the drinks like that are also good, :drinker:
    Keep us informed and good luck on your surgery. You will do well and don't worry about anything just get better.:flowerforyou:
  • BaileyBoo13524
    BaileyBoo13524 Posts: 593 Member
    Options
    I'm going to have to have surgery soon as well where I will only have to have soft foods. Ideas are smoothies, Greek yogurt, soups, low fat/sugar puddings, mashed sweet potatoes/regular potatoes, scrambled eggs, maybe some shredded meat?
  • LesliePierceRN
    LesliePierceRN Posts: 860 Member
    Options
    you can make protein smoothies.. the added protein will promote healing as well. I like to use 1 cup Chobani, 2T peanut butter and 1 scoop chocolate protein powder, it's like a Reese pudding..
  • nz_deevaa
    nz_deevaa Posts: 12,209 Member
    Options
    My advice is to put your calories to 'Maintenance' for the two weeks, your body needs to heal.
  • pdj1220
    pdj1220 Posts: 175
    Options
    My advice is to put your calories to 'Maintenance' for the two weeks, your body needs to heal.
    ^^ This, plus I would up the protein, this is imperative for healing.