Can I get your opinion?...

Options
I really just want to know if I'm eating enough. I'm 5'2, 218lbs, and I walk 2-3 miles 4 days a week, usually a 12 minute mile or a 15 minute mile depending on how I feel. But after a pretty good loss I am at a standstill, so I'm hoping someone will look at my diary and tell me if I am eating enough or too much. Thank you!

P.S. if it looks like I'm not drinking water, it's because that' s the one thing I always forget to track. I actually drink around 100oz a day.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/food/diary/Selena125t

Replies

• Sapporo
    Sapporo Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    You're definitely not eating enough vegetables. I'd say overall calories are enough for someone who is 5'2". Try the calculator at http://www.fat2fitradio.com/tools/bmr/
  • litatura
    litatura Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    You definitely need to incorporate fruits and vegetables into your diet.
  • gramacanada
    gramacanada Posts: 558 Member
    Options
    like wise fruits and vegetables. More whole grains.
  • tacticalhippie
    tacticalhippie Posts: 596 Member
    Options
    i do better with more protein and veggies.
  • rompers16
    rompers16 Posts: 5,404 Member
    Options
    Try replacing your soda with something sugar free...more whole grains and veggies would be good too.
  • mmreed
    mmreed Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    this may seem blunt and mean, but are you serious about your food diary?

you are eating total garbage foods.

I have to really wonder if this is serious, because sheet cake, a frozen pizza, lasagna ect???

If this is a real food log, my first suggetion is to start shopping in the produce aisle.
  • ARyding17
    ARyding17 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Yeah, you definatly need to eat healthier. Yes you are eating under you calorie goal but you need to make better choices. Eat more fruits and vegetables along with lean protien (no red meat) and whole grains. You are eating cake and macroni and pizza which are thing you should treat as treats not every day.

Try eating better for a few weeks and see how you feel. A smoothie for breakfast, whole grain wrap with turkey and spinach with veggies as a side and a stir fry with fish and loads of veggies! Try and eat as much whole grain and homeaid things as possible to avoid chemicals and extra calories! :)
  • Pebble321
    Pebble321 Posts: 6,554 Member
    Options
    Yup, calories look OK, but you need to be getting some fresh (or frozen) fruit and veg in there.

I don't have a big issue with cake and lasagne as long as you are getting a balance of other foods - but I think you might feel much better if you drop one treat a day (could you live without the soft drink? - or pick either that or a piece of cake) and use those cals for fresh fruits and veggies.
  • Carri1
    Carri1 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Looks to me like you LOVE sugar! Ha! Try to get your sugar "fix" from fruits...not candy bars, soda and cake. I don't see very many veggies either. Too much "junk" foods. Sorry but I hope this helps. :) Best of luck!
    Carri1
  • Arleigh7
    Arleigh7 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Hi Selena...what really stuck me was how much sugar your getting in your diet. Calories are not all created equal. Foods high in Sugar trigger your insulin and get put immediately into your fat cells and can even trigger more cravings to eat more sugar.

It took me a long time but I'm pretty much sugar free and it really helped. Not even diet sodas as the artifical sweetners can trigger cravings. I do water and decaf and the ocassional red wine at night. Lots of proten and no flour.

You've already done a fantastic job losing 61 pounds but I think to go lower you need to really look at increasing your vegetables, lean chicken and work hard at eliminating cakes, cookies, sodas all the junk. I really, really, really think this will get you back on track and you'll start losing again.

You'll also find that you will have a TON more energy since you won't have the huge swings that sugar can cause in your body.

Good Luck!
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    give it a while for your body to readjust to the weight loss. maybe even try eating at TDEE for a few weeks if you've been eating under for several months.

take those 2 weeks or so of eating at TDEE to think about how you can clean up your diet a bit more. less processed foods, more whole foods and fresh veggies and fruits. ans if you are going to eat the processed stuff like pizza, lasagna, cake, etc start makin it yourself from scratch and maybe thinking about what you can swap out to make it more healthy.. for instance you can sub eggplant slices for lasagne noodles in your lasagne.

make your own pizza with pita bread and toppings

if you like soda, then maybe start subbing in 0 cal soda water and adding it to iced tea or fruit flavored water that you make yourself

congrats on the weight loss so far
  • scott1646
    scott1646 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    I would say try to get your carb level around 90/100g a day, lower your sugar intake to about 30g or less and try to cut out 500mg of sodium. I would really say can the soda, it's loaded with stuff that just takes forever to get out of your body and try adding in some fruit in the day.

Please don't hit me ( hides )
  • Alyexxa
    Alyexxa Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I have to agree with mmreed, you eat a terrible amount of junk food. Stuff that is highly processed and fairly void of any nutrition! Get rid of the kids cereals, the lasagnas and the "treats". I am all for never depriving yourself of the foods that you love, but do you really need a treat everyday? If you are learning that hard on these carb rich foods, I would consider the possibility that you are dehydrated. Dehydration is a leading cause of the temptation to each a lot of carbohydrates (which by the way, absorb a lot of water in the intestine and can actually cause weight gain!) I know that it appears that you are drinking lots of fluids but drinking highly caloric beverages like soda is just derailing your efforts!
  • 2_young_2B_old
    2_young_2B_old Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    http://www.marksdailyapple.com/17-reasons-youre-not-losing-weight/

I'm with everyone else, more veggies, less processed foods, and potatoes. This article really helped me.

Also though some of the posts sound harsh they are right, but I understand that not everyone is on the same page about nutrition. Ten years ago I would have just counted calories and ate my normal stuff in smaller portions. That can work for a while,but your weightloss will stall. Start slow, sub the grits/ rice/potatoes on one meal a day for a week with veggies and limit yourself one soda a day or switch to diet for now. Get used to that and then add veggies to one more meal for a week. Baby steps. Good luck.
  • sarah44254
    sarah44254 Posts: 3,078 Member
    Options
    There are a lot of great comments and suggestions about the KINDS of food to eat here. Good ideas about macro set ups and so on.

I haven't seen anyone comment about the amount. I filled in what stats of yours I could read, 27, 218lbs, etc., and the numbers I got out were about 1700 to 1900 calories a day. You seem to be hitting about that, which is fantastic. Stay in that range and you should see a slow loss. Stay in that range and eat the suggested kinds of foods above and you should see a loss in both weight and a gain in energy as well.

Cheers girl, keep it up and keep trying to change to a better you! :drinker:

(ps I used this site to get the numbers info: http://www.fat2fitradio.com/tools/bmr/ )
  • Selena125t
    Selena125t Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I really just want to know if I'm eating enough. I'm 5'2, 218lbs, and I walk 2-3 miles 4 days a week, usually a 12 minute mile or a 15 minute mile depending on how I feel. But after a pretty good loss I am at a standstill, so I'm hoping someone will look at my diary and tell me if I am eating enough or too much. Thank you!

P.S. if it looks like I'm not drinking water, it's because that' s the one thing I always forget to track. I actually drink around 100oz a day.

Thank you all for your replys, however... if you notice my original post doesn't ask about the "quality" of the foods I'm eating, only if I am eating enough calories. Thank you to those who did that. I am not writing this with an acerbic tone but, did anyone one stop and think maybe I cannot "afford" to buy a lot of fruits and vegetables, because believe me that is expensive. I live at home, my parents buy the groceries, I eat what is in the house and when I get the opportunity to eat produce, I do eat produce, which is indicated in my ENTIRE diary, not just the last 2 days. And yes, I keep treats as treats, which is why they are labeled "treats" but I also exercise, a lot. I burn my share of calories in addition to my "treats" and to the comment about me eating around 1700 to 1900 calories a day, I make sure not to eat more than around 1500 calories so that I can have a net of around 1200-1300 so I'm unsure what you're referring to.
    But thank you everyone!
  • pastryari
    pastryari Posts: 8,646 Member
    Options

Thank you all for your replys, however... if you notice my original post doesn't ask about the "quality" of the foods I'm eating, only if I am eating enough calories. Thank you to those who did that. I am not writing this with an acerbic tone but, did anyone one stop and think maybe I cannot "afford" to buy a lot of fruits and vegetables, because believe me that is expensive. I live at home, my parents buy the groceries, I eat what is in the house and when I get the opportunity to eat produce, I do eat produce, which is indicated in my ENTIRE diary, not just the last 2 days. And yes, I keep treats as treats, which is why they are labeled "treats" but I also exercise, a lot. I burn my share of calories in addition to my "treats" and to the comment about me eating around 1700 to 1900 calories a day, I make sure not to eat more than around 1500 calories so that I can have a net of around 1200-1300 so I'm unsure what you're referring to.
    But thank you everyone!

You're 27 and you don't buy your own groceries and rely on your parents for food?

No, you didn't ask but your asked about your food intake and several people took the time to write thought out answers to try to further help you.
  • Sweetpea472
    Sweetpea472 Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    Store brand canned veggies & fruits (in juice, not syrup) are pretty cheap. Perhaps you could ask your parents to get you a few cans the next time they go food shopping. Best of luck to you.
  • LORA0504
    LORA0504 Posts: 22
    Options
    I agree calorie count looks good but types of food need to shift away from processed type foods and more towards fruits and veggies. Switch from white rice to brown rice. Even though you are within your calorie range if you eat unhealthy foods your body metabolizes them differently. So you can eat the same amount of calories and gain or lose weight depending on your food choices. Start by making small changes and go from there. Way to go on the exercise!!! Good luck to you!