Sugar - free challenge

Options
Hi All,

Today I'm starting my 10 week sugar - free challenge (wish me luck!)

Who's in?!? :)

Replies

• Pimpmonkey
    Pimpmonkey Posts: 566
    Options
    what will you be eating?
  • shannyfro
    shannyfro Posts: 641
    Options
    I'm interested, give us more details :)
  • barb8toes
    barb8toes Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I'm in ...anything special about 10 weeks? starting when, details, etc. Thanks, Barb
  • Ang_from_Colorado
    Ang_from_Colorado Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    More details please! I'd love to start this too
  • littlemermaid1048
    Options
    All sugar free??? I'm in if you mean simple sugars and not complex carbs (fruits, vegetables, whole breads and grains). Thank you. :).
  • pinkraynedropjacki
    pinkraynedropjacki Posts: 3,027 Member
    Options
    It's not hard to avoid 'added' sugar but you can never go totally sugar free....there is 'natural' sugar in foods. But good luck with the no added sugar challenge. It's a breeze
  • littlemermaid1048
    Options
    All sugar free??? I'm in if you mean simple sugars and not complex carbs (fruits, vegetables, whole breads and grains). Thank you. :).
  • joann1948
    joann1948 Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    pls count me in need details:wink:
  • sandgy80
    sandgy80 Posts: 8
    Options
    OK...well pretty much starting today until Sunday 14th October.

Sugar being my weakness and the reason I fail in my attempts to maintain healthy diet I have decided to say NO to lollies, chocolates, cakes, desserts, soft drinks, cookies and avoid food that is high in sugar in general.

As far as I'm concerned, fruit is ok. If you like having a touch of sugar in your coffee in the morning, go for it if you have to but I personally will eliminate it.

I have done it before for2 1/2 years, and I know it can be done. I do expect it to be a little tough at the start but nothing we can't manage hey?

I don't plan to pig out on sugar once 10 weeks is over, just thought it'd be good to give my body a break and see what happens from there.

Glad to see you all expressing interest!

Feel free to add me, happy to share some words of encouragement :)

Sandy
  • Beulink2005
    Options
    So how are you going with the sugar free challenge. I myself am trying to cut my sugar intake down.