Not new But kinda new...Finally using the site

Options
Not really new here but in a sense I am as I finally decide to get serious and use this site. Just recently married. I've always had the desire to lose weight and get to a healthier me, but always get discouraged. So, this has been an on again off again process. So here I am trying to be around like minded people who are looking to reach similar goals as myself, to lose weight and become healthier. So far I have been able to cut back on calories and watch more of what I eat. I will be joining a gym next week so i can get on an elliptical machine and im ready to shed some pounds! Thanks

Replies

• dutchk
    dutchk Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Good goals and a wife and daughter as inspiration. You are definitely on the right track! Feel free to add me if you like. I'm not so much a cheerleader but a like-minded fellow.
  • jvhall83
    jvhall83 Posts: 35
    Options
    Thanks its time I start getting my health in order and yes they are great motivation tools.
  • Its_Nat
    Its_Nat Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    Good luck with it! I've only been here about 3 weeks or so, and find it amazingly helpful. Hope you do too!
  • tarisa222
    tarisa222 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Welcome, you can do it. loggin into your diary really helped me. when i had to put down the bad food i ate and saw how many calories it had helped me not do that to often.
    u can add me if u need encouragement
  • jvhall83
    Options
    Good luck with it! I've only been here about 3 weeks or so, and find it amazingly helpful. Hope you do too!

Thank you I sure do find it quite helpful. And it helps keep me going. That is the reason that I chose to join a social site like this. To have support and examples to follow when times got tough
  • jvhall83
    Options
    Welcome, you can do it. loggin into your diary really helped me. when i had to put down the bad food i ate and saw how many calories it had helped me not do that to often.
    u can add me if u need encouragement

Thank you Ill definitely take you up on that offer. Good to have like minded individuals trying to achieve the same goal. Yes as I have really gotten serious about counting calories, it was a bit depressing at first lols had to give up some favorite foods or just eat them healthier but im not looking back. Only moving forward so I can reach my goal.