I've been sick..could not exercise

Options
I've been walking two brisk miles every morning before work for the past two months or so. I was not tracking my food, but ate healthy. I did not lose weight. In the past 10 days I started tracking on this site, have not exercised and lost three lbs. in one week. I have not walked in almost two weeks. I'm affraid it is going to increase my appetite :/ I love the feeling after a work out. More energy and clearer thinking.

Replies

• lbaileyjohannsen
    lbaileyjohannsen Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    I find it has the opposite effect on me! After I work out, I don't want to waste my hard work so I watch my food much more closely. I say give it a try combining both.
  • gramacanada
    gramacanada Posts: 558 Member
    Options
    Even eating only healthy food, you can still eat too much. Sad but true. Now you're tracking it again and seeing losses. Even without exercise. I'd suspect that is what was happening. If getting back to exercise is worrying. Up your calories some, no more than 200 to 300. see how that goes. Keep up both and you'll see results.
  • ItzPSGina62
    ItzPSGina62 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Thank you. It is true too much healthy food. I found out I was walking out the door to go to work after jucing veggies, working out, and a protein drink, I had already consumed 600 calories. I was eating too much, even though it was healthy and wondered why I was not losing weight.
  • Spartan_Maker
    Spartan_Maker Posts: 683 Member
    Options
    I'd bet a brick house that properly tracking your calories led to your weight loss -- not a reduced appetite because you've stopped your morning walk. Along those lines, walking at a brisk 4.0 mph, for 2 miles, burns 176 calories for a 150 lb. person, with little to no so-called "afterburn effect."

I bet you'd even lose more by adding your walking back into your routine.
  • ItzPSGina62
    Options
    I like that.
  • ItzPSGina62
    Options
    :smile:
  • Bob314159
    Bob314159 Posts: 1,178 Member
    Options
    I walk every day (but not last week - I've also been sick) - its important for other reasons beside weight loss and you should do it more if you can.

As said above, the actual calorie loss is pretty small. Monitoring your weight here is going to control your calories much better that just eating healthy. If you can't enter each meal on here as you eat it, write it down. Its amazing the little bits of food you can forget to log.
  • javagsd
    javagsd Posts: 82
    Options
    I started my diet after having major surgery, and am just now recovered enough to start to exercise. I lost the 1st 30 lbs with no exercise at all, so you probably shouldn't worry too much about it.