Zumba Fitness

Options
Hi everyone, I got as a gift from my kids yesturday the Zumba fitness (for nintendo wii) and I did my first session this morning it was great. I didn't had time to log it in on mfp and so now that I am trying to log it in nothing comes up,,, so how I am suppost to log it in?? And how many calories are u suppost to figure out you burn when it doesn't say or at least it didn't tell me when I finish doing my Zumba fitness?

Does anyone knows? and have anyone else try the Zumba Fitness and have actually lost weight from doing it?

Any suggestion will be apreciate. Thankz

6540321.png
Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

Replies

• T1gana
    T1gana Posts: 4
    Options
    Hi, I have just bought the Wii Zumba and its great insnt it?!!! I did the 20 minute beginners session and put it in as dancing, then used them calories and made my own activity called Zumba beginners?
  • RNewton4269
    RNewton4269 Posts: 663 Member
    Options
    I love Zumba Fitness for Wii! I used my HRM and didn't really realize how many calories I was actually burning doing it. Was so much fun! I do a regular Zumba class at the gym and always have a good burn..but it is fun to do this at home and actually know I am burning doing it too. I was actually sore after the first day I did it too! Good luck to everyone!!!
  • lanenalatina
    lanenalatina Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    Hi, I have just bought the Wii Zumba and its great insnt it?!!! I did the 20 minute beginners session and put it in as dancing, then used them calories and made my own activity called Zumba beginners?

Thankz that is what I did too the 20 minutes beginners session and yes it was great!! I am loving it already. Thankz for the advice

6540321.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • cynraelene
    cynraelene Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I actually log it in as this:Beginner-Aerobics-high impact (because of the energy level)
    Intermediate and Expert-Kickboxing (because of the energy level)
    I have lost 6lbs. and 3.5 inches in my waist doing a decreased calorie diet along with Zumba,Michael Jackson The Experience and walking whenever I don't do the other 2. Good luck.
  • LaPistolaSexola
    LaPistolaSexola Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    without an heart rate monitor, i'd log it as high impact aerobics.
  • bgmunoz
    bgmunoz Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I do the actual Zumba classes (i started abt 2 wks ago) and log it in as dancing - aerobics. I love it! its super fun and you dont realize how much you are actually working out.
  • Doubleube68
    Options
    Hi All,

I am considering buying the Zumba for Wii on eBay. Some come with a belt, is that required? If you don't use the belt, do you have to hold a controller?

Thanks!

Wendy
  • GrampsWooha
    GrampsWooha Posts: 184
    Options
    i hear good things about it
  • kanika13
    kanika13 Posts: 1
    Options
    I have been doing Zumba for a year and a half. I have lost 60 lbs so far, and absolutely love going every day. Its so much fun. Its hard to believe im even working out. My energy level has drastically increased. Im a Zumba junkie now. =)
  • sillsy91
    sillsy91 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hey hope this helps to find out how many calories you burn with Zumba :)
    http://www.caloriesburnedhq.com/zumba-calories-burned/
  • BodyByButter
    BodyByButter Posts: 563 Member
    Options
    Those sites are usually high IMO. I did the 20 minute beginner Wii class yesterday, put everything into it, sweated like a pig. My HRM said 168 calories.

I checked on that site and it was 100+ cals over on any intensity.

To the other poster, without the belt I think you would need a pocket.
  • jaznsusan
    jaznsusan Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I use a HRM and my normal cardio exercise is either 60 minutes of cycle or 60 minutes on the elliptical, both of which will typically burn between 500 and 600 calories for me.

But with 60 minutes of Zumba I rarely break even 300 calories. I love it, it is super fun, but I hate burning half the calories of other cardio workouts.
  • Lyerin
    Lyerin Posts: 818 Member
    Options
    Wearing a HRM is probably the most accurate way to get your calories. I wear one and log it as "dance" and put in my calories.

I generally burn 450-525 in a 50-55 minute live class, according to my HRM. I burn slightly less at home when I do it, but it's still a good exercise.