My god, I need something sweet stat

Options
How do you cope in the first few days of a diet where all you want to do is eat everything in sight?! I feel like I'll go crazy if I don't eat something unhealthy. I know I'm supposed to have something small if I do - but I have zero control when it comes to portioning. Think of me like a dam, one there's a breach, the whole thing comes crumbling down....
SO if you have any advice or suggestions, send them my way!

Replies

• freeasharold
    freeasharold Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Have a piece of fruit :)
  • emeryk13
    emeryk13 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    If you haven't discovered PB2 yet and like peanut butter, this something you gotta get. Powdered peanut butter. Real peanuts. Same serving size of 2 Tbs and with a calorie count of 45 instead of 200, get after it. It comes in chocolate also. I add 1 tsp of honey or agave and for 65 calories my sweet need is fixed. PB2 taste great. 2 tbs PB2 and 1 tbs of water and you have real peanut butter that taste so clean of oils. Good luck.
  • rdyne1
    rdyne1 Posts: 53
    Options
    Wow sounds amazing, I'll have to get some soon, thank you!
  • littlemermaid1048
    Options
    Chew a piece of cinnamon stick or drink plain cinnamon tea. Cinnamon does the trick for me. Good luck.
  • Altofalante
    Options
    I have found that having some sweet-coated nuts, like almonds, really help curb the desire for dessert. Plus, they throw in some nutrients, too!
  • rdyne1
    Options
    you mean like yoghurt covered nuts etc?
    I thought nuts were really high in fat and should be primarily left out of a diet?
  • selig0730
    selig0730 Posts: 509 Member
    Options
    try a mini choc with some fruit then you get both fruit and sweets :)
  • rdyne1
    Options
    haha I can't stand cinnamon, but thanks for replying anyway!
  • annabellj
    annabellj Posts: 1,337 Member
    Options
    i have huge sweet tooth, fat free pudding, 60 cals, sugar free jello, 10, banana with strawberries, drizzled with choc sauce, about 250, awesome snack, or just a cup of strawberries with choc sauce, 100, any skinny cow, about 100-150, the truffle bars are awesome, ww desserts,about 100, fiber one brownies, 90, pb2 with celery, 50, any low cal yogurt, 80-150,popcorn, the kettle corn type, about 110, list can go on and on!
  • Christine1110
    Christine1110 Posts: 1,786 Member
    Options
    I love rainier cherries...and you can have 21 for about 100 caloires, a big nectarine about 70 calories, and a huge fuji apple for about 130 calories....all so sweet & yummy!!
  • TheGlen
    TheGlen Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    Coconut Date Rolls (yum) - http://goo.gl/bm0Fh

I've seen a couple comments about trying to snack low fat, but there's a very large following that would argue you should do the opposite (primal/paleo followers).
  • Jac118
    Jac118 Posts: 34
    Options
    Extra Dessert Gum!!! Do it!!
  • lilawolf
    lilawolf Posts: 1,690 Member
    Options
    Try plain Greek yogurt with sugar free preserves. Very thick and sweet and wonderful! My favorite is boysenberry.

Canned pumpkin (not pumpkin pie filling!), with a bit of cream cheese, cinnamon, and splenda warmed up in the microwave.

Creamy peanut butter with a touch of salt and splenda rolled into balls and dipped in melted dark chocolate (home made peanut butter cups!)

soda water with lemon and sugar free raspberry syrup

Latte with espresso or leftover coffee with a bit of cream and sweetener or sugar free syrup (vanilla, chocolate, carmel etc)
  • becoming_a_new_me
    becoming_a_new_me Posts: 1,860 Member
    Options
    SEX

It works for me!!! WTF is your problem????
  • moseler
    moseler Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    I know this feeling... personally, I try VERY hard to steer clear of sweets as much as possible because once I eat them, that's ALL I crave. But, I curb those cravings by eating healthy sweets... my favorite is strawberries, blueberries with either greek yogurt or sour cream sprinkled with stevia and granola. It is just sweet enough to make me feel like I'm eating dessert without blowing my carbs and calories. Another indulgence is the Fiber One Chocolate Brownies with a cup of coffee and non fat whipped cream on top. Again... I feel like I'm having a dessert but without a ton of guilt. Good luck!
  • tennisbabe94
    tennisbabe94 Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    Eat a fruit salad, trail mix, yogurt! Or a small portion of a yummy treat. I find that if I completely eliminate treats from my diet, I'm most likely to binge. I started having treats every once in a while and I haven't binged in about 4 months!
  • rdyne1
    Options
    haha sex, love it. great answer however that would be totally inappropriate right now. Plus I'd probably just have more cravings after
  • rdyne1
    Options
    these are all such good answers, thanks everyone I'll try them out ASAP!
  • moseler
    moseler Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    you mean like yoghurt covered nuts etc?
    I thought nuts were really high in fat and should be primarily left out of a diet?

NO WAY! Nuts are high in GOOD fat! But they are PACKED with protein which is awesome for any diet! I eat pistachios almost every day as a quick and delicious snack... if not pistachios, I love to have a tablespoon of natural peanut butter (I know it's a legume or whatever!) on whole wheat toast for breakfast... Good fats are GREAT FOR YOU in moderation.
  • arielian
    arielian Posts: 200
    Options
    apples and honey always curb my sweet tooth