HELP me with my morning buddy....coffee!!!

Options
I am going sugar free starting tomorrow. Problem is, I can't wake up without my morning coffee and yes, I add sugar! I used Splenda for a while but realized that's not much better than regular sugar. So does anyone have any suggestions on what to use instead of sugar??? Please help!

Replies

• StevLL
    StevLL Posts: 921 Member
    Options
    Maybe a low cal creamer, or a flavored coffee? I drink it black and the stronger the better, maybe slowly reduce the amount till you get to plain coffee?
  • MoreBean13
    MoreBean13 Posts: 8,701 Member
    Options
    Stevia. The real stuff. It's awesome and really really powerful- the one I buy comes in a spice-jar sized container and has like 2000 servings or some crazy number like that.
  • myfitnessval
    myfitnessval Posts: 687 Member
    Options
    stevia seems to be the newest safe sugar alternative out there right now. in fact i just bought a pack of the packets myself yesterday. also try almond milk in your coffee, delicious flavor plus protein. :)
  • ItzPSGina62
    ItzPSGina62 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    stevia tastes just like sugar...to me.
  • Maurice1966
    Maurice1966 Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    Try some honey, Irish cream
  • redhousecat
    redhousecat Posts: 584 Member
    Options
    is it the sweetness or want or are you using the sugars to cut the bitterness?

I have always drank black coffee, but I read/heard/whatever something about a pinch of salt in black coffee will cut the bitterness. Maybe someone knows?
  • splashangel
    splashangel Posts: 494 Member
    Options
    Awww. I drink mine black. But, could you slowely taper off the sugar? If not, I think the stevia you can buy is suppose to be all natural. I had the plant but it died before I got to try it. Eh well, If it's not a calorie issue you might like honey. Hey look, better the morning sugar then the morning ,coffee, huh?:drinker:
  • michellekicks
    michellekicks Posts: 3,624 Member
    Options
    I have coffee every morning with demerara sugar and half & half cream. Yum. Sorry, can't help you. Not willing to change this little vice.
  • splashangel
    splashangel Posts: 494 Member
    Options
    redhousecat, it does help if you are boiling your coffee over fire or on stove in a pot.
  • jgunn81
    jgunn81 Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    So you have a cup, and you have coffee...where's the problem? Lol straight black is the way to go
  • ChelsChubzz
    Options
    i use different flavored sugar free syrups.
  • lilawolf
    lilawolf Posts: 1,690 Member
    Options
    I used to use cream and sugar, but slowly started tapering off. One day, we didn't have creamer. "Not too bad I said." Now I don't use it. One day, no sugar, and same thing. My husband uses sugar free flavorings like caramel or raspberry and chocolate. Tastes nearly as good as a $5 latte :-)
  • clotho
    clotho Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I use low fat milk and protein shake. I use Premier Protein shakes which have some sweetness without added sugar (they do have some kind of sugar substitute in them) and good protein with about as many calories as low fat milk. The protein really helps me not feel hungry. For sweeter coffee I use more protein shake and for less sweet I use more milk.

BTW, I have been sugar free for about 3 months now and it is really great. My cravings and hunger(even when full) are so much less and my headaches are almost gone entirely. I do eat fruit but no added dietary sugar and not much artificial sweetener.
  • MikeRadClan
    MikeRadClan Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Carnation Hot Chocolate "light" about 45 calories per serving I use about a quarter.....
    the chocolate flavour helps mask the taste of fake-sugary badness....
  • amandajdavis81
    Options
    Stevia!! It's all natural and sugar and calorie free. You can get it at Walmart or health food stores.
  • amruden
    amruden Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    I like to add True Moo chocolate milk.
    Not sure how much Sugar is in tho.

Just An idea.

EDIT: i also have added my protein powder to it.
  • ChantalGG
    ChantalGG Posts: 2,404 Member
    Options
    Try it black, you may surprise yourself that is wasnt the sugar and cream that you like but just plain coffee.
  • rmartin72
    rmartin72 Posts: 1,094 Member
    Options
    I would use Honey it is all natural
  • sandgy80
    sandgy80 Posts: 8
    Options
    Maybe just gradually reduce the amount you put in your morning cup.

I went from 4 to barely any...
  • MoreBean13
    MoreBean13 Posts: 8,701 Member
    Options
    Stevia!! It's all natural and sugar and calorie free. You can get it at Walmart or health food stores.

Hey where in the wide world of WalMart have you found it- like what section? I've never seen it there but I also never looked. I usually buy online.