BioSlim African Mango and BioCleanse - BEWARE!!!!!!

Options
I ordered these via an ad on Facebook about a month ago for a "month's free trial". It turns out this "free trial" means you get 3 weeks from the time you order to try them before you get charged...BUT...they don't send them out for at least 2 weeks. I was charged on my credit card before I even started taking them.

Now I've looked up the internet and it appears this thing is a scam...don't go near it, and let everyone else know.

I found lots of complaints going back years (should have done that before). I did get my tablets (unlike some), but apparently after you cancel (which I now have done) they just keep on putting the charges on your credit card (and in some cases do actually keep sending the tablets). Which, by the way, I have been on for a week and have gained weight.

So now I'm $200 out of pocket and have to cancel my credit card, all in the name of an innocent effort to lose weight. Shame on those who target people who are working hard to improve their lives.
Don't go near them!!!!!

Replies

• Adara13
    Adara13 Posts: 50
    Options
    Thanks for the good warning and sorry that this happened to you. I am just sitting here scratching my head wondering what the hell an " African mango" is??
  • AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member
    Options
    ...I am just sitting here scratching my head wondering what the hell an " African mango" is??
    A weight loss scam targeting the desperate masses looking for a "magic pill" to make the pounds melt right off without any discipline or effort.
  • myfitnessval
    myfitnessval Posts: 687 Member
    Options
    unfortunately this just goes to show there is no easy way to lose weight. good old fashioned hard work and eating right does it and will ONLY do it.
  • Mstymay
    Mstymay Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    If something is truly free you do not need to enter your credit card.
  • maremare312
    maremare312 Posts: 1,143 Member
    Options
    Probably ordering anything off of a FB ad is a bad idea :( Hopefully you can get the charges reversed and it won't be too expensive of a lesson to have learned.
  • DaniKenmir
    DaniKenmir Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    Thanks I was considering these but thought I'd try it this way first, lucky I did.
  • kathiemcn
    kathiemcn Posts: 96
    Options
    ...I am just sitting here scratching my head wondering what the hell an " African mango" is??
    A weight loss scam targeting the desperate masses looking for a "magic pill" to make the pounds melt right off without any discipline or effort.

That's a bit mean. I have been dieting hard for two years and have lost 15 kilos. I have just had trouble losing the last 5 I need to lose and thought this might be a diet aid that could help me shift that last bit that I've had no success with. Yes, I was desperate for a solution to the plateau I've hit for the last six months but that doesn't mean I haven't had discipline and effort...thsi has been an amazingly hard journey and I've actually had two years of being hungry but resisting!
  • kathiemcn
    Options
    If something is truly free you do not need to enter your credit card.

True, I have certainly learnt my lesson the hard (and expensive) way.
  • kaseysospacey
    kaseysospacey Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry that that happened to you. Scammers now are very good at what they do, and it is easy to fall for their tricks.
  • kathiemcn
    Options
    I've just seen an advertisement for it (twice) on this site, so you'd think that would be trustworthy. :frown:
  • 1Kristine1
    1Kristine1 Posts: 697 Member
    Options
    Im sorry this happened to you.

And you shouldn't have to starve yourself, I promise. I have been losing on 1600 calories a day. I find if I eat well and nutritiously (protein, veggies, fruit, fiber) I'm never hungry. Goodluck with your weightloss. If you want a friend feel free to add me.
  • AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member
    Options
    ^ Reported.
  • bathsheba_c
    bathsheba_c Posts: 1,873 Member
    Options
    Yeah, MFP doesn't actually have any control on who advertises on the site. Your credit card wouldn't allow you to block charges from the company? That's the shocking part to me.
  • kathiemcn
    Options
    Yeah, MFP doesn't actually have any control on who advertises on the site. Your credit card wouldn't allow you to block charges from the company? That's the shocking part to me.

From what I've read every time they charge you they use a different name and a different country of origin and a different amount, so the bank can't keep track of them. Obviously they're very clever at it, and the complaints I read went back to the year 2000. Fortunately my bank is just sending me a new card with a new number, so that I didn't need to cancel the card altogether :happy:
  • Adara13
    Adara13 Posts: 50
    Options
    Kathiemcn, reason that I am wondering what " African mango" is is because I live in south Africa and have never heard about it. Nothing against you. I have tried many products the last few years and some have worked and some not. Trying another product Tbthe moment and it is to early to tell if it is working
  • kathiemcn
    Options
    That's interesting, because I have read a bit about it before, but obviously if you haven't heard about it maybe it's just a name someone made up. I don't dispute that the tablets I have do have some herbal things in them, but I doubt the weight loss claims now, and I know this company in particular is a scammer as they keep charging your card without authorisation. I can't even find them again on the internet, as apparently they change their name all the time. Sad reflection on society...and I was so trusting before too.
  • tayetaye_x
    Options
    When I got them I put in bogus details and I got the tablets still without paying, but I didn't find them through facebook. I tried them and was disappointed as I didn't seem to be losing any weight but I got really sick after 2 weeks and lost over 2kg because I lost so much fluids.
  • thisismeraw
    thisismeraw Posts: 1,264 Member
    Options
    Another example of why you should always read all the fine print before completing anything. If it's free you don't need a credit card number. If it's an ad on facebook it's normally a scam. Always research something before you buy.