Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Not new But kinda new...Finally using the site

Not really new here but in a sense I am as I finally decide to get serious and use this site. Just recently married. I've always had the desire to lose weight and get to a healthier me, but always get discouraged. So, this has been an on again off again process. So here I am trying to be around like minded people who are looking to reach similar goals as myself, to lose weight and become healthier. So far I have been able to cut back on calories and watch more of what I eat. I will be joining a gym next week so i can get on an elliptical machine and im ready to shed some pounds! Thanks

Replies

• dutchk
    dutchk Posts: 121 Member
    Good goals and a wife and daughter as inspiration. You are definitely on the right track! Feel free to add me if you like. I'm not so much a cheerleader but a like-minded fellow.
  • jvhall83
    jvhall83 Posts: 35
    Thanks its time I start getting my health in order and yes they are great motivation tools.
  • Its_Nat
    Its_Nat Posts: 184 Member
    Good luck with it! I've only been here about 3 weeks or so, and find it amazingly helpful. Hope you do too!
  • tarisa222
    tarisa222 Posts: 27 Member
    Welcome, you can do it. loggin into your diary really helped me. when i had to put down the bad food i ate and saw how many calories it had helped me not do that to often.
    u can add me if u need encouragement
  • jvhall83
    Good luck with it! I've only been here about 3 weeks or so, and find it amazingly helpful. Hope you do too!

Thank you I sure do find it quite helpful. And it helps keep me going. That is the reason that I chose to join a social site like this. To have support and examples to follow when times got tough
  • jvhall83
    Welcome, you can do it. loggin into your diary really helped me. when i had to put down the bad food i ate and saw how many calories it had helped me not do that to often.
    u can add me if u need encouragement

Thank you Ill definitely take you up on that offer. Good to have like minded individuals trying to achieve the same goal. Yes as I have really gotten serious about counting calories, it was a bit depressing at first lols had to give up some favorite foods or just eat them healthier but im not looking back. Only moving forward so I can reach my goal.