Do I or Dont I?

Options
This is my second Journey. The first was much harder and took much longer. However; due to medication I gained everything back plus some. I lost 25 lbs then was referred to MFP, where I have lost another 20, unless the scale changes before tomorrow i will be 22, a total of 45 lbs.

My ??? is do I just wear my fat cloths until they fall off ( my plan) my bff says I need to pull out the size that I acutally fit into, so I can see my success. I have the clothes from the last trip. I went through them and only kept the cutest and best condition.

So do I break out my next, ummm 3 or 4 sizes smaller? or just wear what I currently have in the closet, and change the sizes when winter arrives? I am sure Im not the only person with this issue. Thank you for your help ahead of time. :huh:

Replies

• xxnellie146xx
    xxnellie146xx Posts: 996 Member
    Options
    I recently started bringing out smaller sizes. I was wearing the same clothes as I had before I started losing weight. They were baggy and it made the loss less noticeable. People are now noticing that I have lost weight. I would take out the smaller clothes if I were you. It will also make you see that your body is changing!
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    Why would you not want to wear clothes that fit?! I can see if it was a cost thing - buying clothes while you're losing can get expensive, but if you already have the clothes then yes pull them out and wear them! If you don't then buy a few key pieces.
  • AnninStPaul
    AnninStPaul Posts: 1,372 Member
    Options
    wear clothes that fit. you will feel much better.
  • darrcn5
    darrcn5 Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    What wouldn't you want to wear the clothes that fit? You already have them, so it makes no sense at all to wear your baggy ill fitting clothes when you are actually in possession of ones that will fit.
  • drkatiebug
    drkatiebug Posts: 1,942 Member
    Options
    Totally agree. If you have them, wear them. Fitting into smaller sizes is so motivating.
  • gramacanada
    gramacanada Posts: 558 Member
    Options
    Celebrate your success. If you can afford smaller clothes. Go for it. You'll be the one noticing. I never buy new clothes. so I never see the difference. and guess what? I go right back up. Because I never see a difference. Listen to your BFF : ) Good on ya'!
  • mbk830
    mbk830 Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    Pull out the clothes. You'll definitely feel better. I had some "cute" clothes (non-work) that I've recently pulled out of the closet and I enjoyed rockin' them this weekend!
  • bikinibeliever
    bikinibeliever Posts: 832 Member
    Options
    I've pulled out smaller clothes twice now. Pull them out and feel good in what you wear! :flowerforyou:

Awesome job losing the 45!!
  • TheRealParisLove
    TheRealParisLove Posts: 1,907 Member
    Options
    Wear the clothes that fit properly. You will look better and that will be a motivational boost to keep going.
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    why would anyone intentionally not want to wear properly fitting clothes when they have the option to wear stuff that fits?

girlfriend channel your inner black girl/drag queen and stop leaving the house looking like a ragamuffin :laugh:

** three snaps in a circle***
  • KeriW626
    KeriW626 Posts: 430
    Options
    numbers speak volumes. I will be pulling out the smaller :blushing: cloths this week. Probably mon and wed. I will take my extra big cloths to the thrift store. I will however, keep my biggest pair of jeans as a reminder. I am not sure what size jeans I wear now. Its too damn hot for jeans. lol maybe towards the end of fall. I hope the size I wear now are season appropriate. Thank you all for your input. :smokin:
  • Zalli
    Zalli Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    Enjoy your smaller clothes! Ah, simple pleasures... :)