So What do i do once my limit reaches 1200??

Options
So I started at 1370calories a day. Every 10 pounds or so, I re do my goals - which keeps bringing me lower and lower in calories! I don't think i could manage on only 1200 calories a day, but is this what the goal should be? I am so confused about this. If i stay at 1370 calories - will I eventually stop losing weight (without reaching my goal)?

Replies

• Jynus
    Jynus Posts: 519 Member
    Options
    Start doing more intense exercises to keep your metabolism increased so you don't need to eat less.
  • ctwm84
    ctwm84 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I would imagine that if you stayed at 1370 you would still lose weight just at a slower rate. You could exercise more as your limit gets lower to create the same calorie deficit.
  • MrsAgi
    MrsAgi Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    have you got your goal set fo 2lb loss a wee? as you get closer to goal weight drop that down to 1.5 or 1lb per week and Voilà! more calories:) Plus you need to start eating towards maintenance as you get closer to goal anyway, to build up to it as it were....
  • Maurice1966
    Maurice1966 Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    Misread your ticker sorry.
  • HeidiMightyRawr
    HeidiMightyRawr Posts: 3,343 Member
    Options
    You should be losing still at 1370, just as you get lighter you need "slightly" less. This is why MFP gives you less if you want to still lose at the current rate.

If you can't stick to 1200, stay at 1370. It may mean an ever so slightly smaller loss, but nothing worth being unhappy about. A lot of people even find that eating a more healthy amount helps their weight loss. I lost weight easier at 1750 net than I did at 1500 net.
  • ericbonfiglio
    Options
    It is recalculating your weight and lowering your calories because you weigh less, but you need to up your calculations to lose less per week which will allow you to each a little more and get closer to a maintenance goal. Don't starve yourself or you will break your routine. Also if you eat less but more often a day, as in 6 times a day, you will feel less hungry.
  • robin52077
    robin52077 Posts: 4,383 Member
    Options
    as you get closer and closer to goal, your deficit needs to change from 2 pounds a week to 1.5, to 1, and then .5.
    So, your goal will actually go UP slowly until you are at goal weight and eating maintenance.
    If at any time you are feeling like you are just HUNGRY all the time and are having trouble sticking to your goal, or getting headaches, feeling fatigued, etc, then RAISE your goal.
    This is supposed to be something to make you feel GOOD and HEALTHY, not weak and sick.

Best of luck sweetie, you can do it!
  • yarwell
    yarwell Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    If i stay at 1370 calories - will I eventually stop losing weight (without reaching my goal)?
    Unlikely, but not impossible - depends on your fat free mass as much as anything. Is the ticker right - you're over 200 lbs ? How tall ?