The life of a binger

Options
I have always had problems with binge eating since middle school. If I was unhappy, nervous, or stressed I would eat until I was almost sick. It got really bad in high school. I had access to the vending machine so I would eat two three things a day because of my anxiety of what people thought and what I thought about myself. I would eat lunch and sometimes even buy stuff at the snack line on top of my lunch. I was eating almost a 1000 calories at lunch alone. After my binge at school I would come home and eat again most of the time till I was physically sick. I had a sickness. I was unhappy with myself, my life and overall everything. I hated school and my family all because I really hated myself. That was freshman, sophomore year.
I moved to a new school the summer of my junior year. I was nervous and afraid I would have a hard time making friends. Luckily I lost access to the vending machine and I stopped buying stuff all together. I was great for awhile, I made friends and I was having the time of my life. But my insecurities came back and I started to binge everyday when I came home. I would eat ANYTHING I could get my hands on in a hour period.

Its now the summer of my senior year (I know Im young :)). About two weeks before junior year ended I came clean to my Mom about my out of control binge eating. I told her how I felt and right now she supports me all the way. Its been two months since I have binged on food. I have lost five pounds and I feel powerful. School is starting soon and I'm really going to try my hardest not to let the anxiety and stress make me binge again.
This is my success story saying that I have not binged in two months and I'm planning on never doing it again. I know my binge episodes are the reason I gained so much weight and I don't want to go back to square one.
Thanks for reading and I just wanted to say you came overcome anything that you set your mind to♥

Replies

• peachyxoxoxo
    peachyxoxoxo Posts: 1,178 Member
    Options
    Congrats! I'm about 7 weeks binge free myself... it's a great feeling. I'm so proud of you <3
  • 00Melyanna00
    00Melyanna00 Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    This is an amazing story! Congratulation for fighting it and winning. :)
    Keep it up and let us know how it goes.
  • lorettaasmith
    lorettaasmith Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    Way to go! Blessings on your senior year! You can win this battle....one day at a time!
  • HellySuccess
    HellySuccess Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    You're a winner, Allison! Keep up the GREAT work! And please keep posting your progress.
  • gramacanada
    gramacanada Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    Great story, letting it out sometimes helps a lot. I too was a binger. I quit carrying money to school. And packed a healthy lunch. I think it helped me at least not feel not guilty one meal a day. One led to two. Two lead to three. and on and on. You're are doing great. Congrats and Good Luck.
  • tinabatinaflc
    Options
    thats a wonderful story, you are so strong! if you've made it this long, you can make it forever. congratulations on realizing your fears and anxieties and facing them. and even MORE congrats for asking for help from your mother, and coming here for support - that can be the hardest part. you are an inspiration!

<3cx
  • allisonleigh11
    Options
    thank-you everyone. I will keep posted on how this school year goes :)
  • luvinmefirst
    luvinmefirst Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    I'm a binge eater as well so this post really resonated with me. Its so awesome that you have gone two months without a binge. Keep up the GREAT WORK and good luck with this school year :)
  • provence9
    provence9 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! Keep up the good fight!
  • dawson55510
    dawson55510 Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    Binge eater myself. keep up the good work and good luck
  • HealthyGinny
    HealthyGinny Posts: 821 Member
    Options
    You must be so proud! :)

Congrats!

I think I've always been a binge eater. I used to binge almost every single day, now it's once a week or once every two weeks; I really hope I'm going to succeed in stopping binging altogether one day! Anyway, your story inspires me :)

xx
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!