found the *before* pic that inspired this journey

Options
so i've said in a few threads here that i "don't have" any before pics. i knew my mom had taken one of me at a family function last summer, and when it arrived in my email inbox, i looked at it and my heart sank and i knew it was time to do something about the weight. picture #1 is the picture that inspired my journey. here it is...

ScreenShot2012-07-29at43511PM.png

...side by side with my (really crappy phone pic in the mirror) progress pic. i can't see a difference when i look in the mirror, and i've gotten kind of bogged down and frustrated lately, and i finally told myself i needed to dig for that picture my mom sent a year ago. i've had my ups and downs, but today, at just about a year on MFP, i'm almost halfway to my goal at 42 lbs. lost.

now, side by side, i can see it.

thanks, MFP and all my friends :)

(edited to fix picture size...yikes!)

Replies

• Amryfal
    Amryfal Posts: 225
    Options
    i give up on the resizing, lol...at least i got it smaller...too small to see, but it's on my profile too.
  • kyah1
    kyah1 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    well done keep it up im starting again today heres to success:smile:
  • smaugish
    smaugish Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    Well done! You look awesome.
  • Amryfal
    Options
    thanks, ladies :)
  • Maryaly40
    Maryaly40 Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    You look fantastic!!!
  • tajour
    tajour Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    Absolutely awesome! You have worked hard and it shows!! :drinker:
  • AaronandChristopher
    AaronandChristopher Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    You look Great!!!
  • lilpoindexter
    lilpoindexter Posts: 1,122 Member
    Options
    Great work.
  • briyowes
    briyowes Posts: 757 Member
    Options
    Great job!
  • AABru
    AABru Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    You're doing a great job! Huge difference!
  • quixotic84
    quixotic84 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Oh wow! So I'm looking at this pic thinking you look about 30 in it, then I look at your current pic and you look *maybe* 19... and then I looked at your actual age! Did you find the fountain of youth or something? 0_o You look great! Whatever it is you're doing, it's working :)
  • Amryfal
    Options
    Oh wow! So I'm looking at this pic thinking you look about 30 in it, then I look at your current pic and you look *maybe* 19... and then I looked at your actual age! Did you find the fountain of youth or something? 0_o You look great! Whatever it is you're doing, it's working :)

hehe...i blame good genes ;o)

thanks!
  • fawndam
    fawndam Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    YOU ARE DOING AWESOME!!! WOW!!! KEEP ME UPDATED!!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!