Tall girls!

Options
Hi girls

Am looking for tall girls like me (5'10) who can show me some pics of what sort of figure to expect when I've hit my goal. I'm not trying to be super slim, just healthy for my height. I've always been overweight since a teen, so have no idea what my body *might* look like! For now, my goal is 174lb (12.5 stone), which is at the high end of healthy for my height, I don't have a goal size in mind. What are your goals? I'm big chested (F cup) too, anyone else out there like me that has hit their goal?

Thanks! X

Replies

• erich84
    erich84 Posts: 1
    Options
    www.mybodygallery.com
  • nxd10
    nxd10 Posts: 4,570 Member
    Options
    Well, I'm 5'10" and weight exactly 174 as of this morning - 38D That's my picture at this weight - sorry, no body shot at that weight. (How do you add one to this site?)

I've spent a lot of my adult life at this weight, except when I was nursing or pregnant and either much heavier or much thinner.

Size 14.
  • Bunnehface
    Bunnehface Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    A 14? That's pretty good, that's kind of what I was expecting/hoping for! I was a UK size 22 when I started this lifestyle change, so being a 14 would be absolutely wonderful :smile:
  • Bunnehface
    Options
    www.mybodygallery.com

Wow, this site is amazing! Thank you! :flowerforyou:
  • CarmenSandiegoInVA
    CarmenSandiegoInVA Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    I'm glad you posted this. WE are the same height. And I was wondering the same thing. My goal weight is 165 only because I know when you go into maintenance mode, people tend to gain a little back. I plan to be somewhere around 170. And it would be nice to see what people Our height and shape would look like at our goal weight.
  • ockara
    ockara Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    It will totally depend on your workout routine and body composition too. I'm 5'10'' also, but I expect when I'm 174 I'll be in a 10 US. When I was 220 I was in a 14
  • amanda_ataraxia
    amanda_ataraxia Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    I am 5'11" and 163. I have lots of pictures on my profile.
  • Bunnehface
    Options
    I am 5'11" and 163. I have lots of pictures on my profile.

Thanks! I love your tattoos, btw! :heart:
  • smilesalot1969
    Options
    I'm 5ft 10 and a size 14 at the moment (weight 182lb) i'm aiming to drop to at least 170. I want to see how i look then before i decide whether to drop more (my ideal is 156 apparently) because last time i tried i just ended up looking gaunt as i'm pear shaped and all the weight leaves my already quite slim face.
    I used to weigh 284lb and back then size 14 was my dream and i was so happy when i got here but after a few years of being this size i'm feeling big again and want to drop a size and tone up
    Its all down to personal choice, whatever you are happy with is okay :)
  • Kalliejc
    Kalliejc Posts: 36
    Options
    I'm 5'10 as well. Actually, your description of yourself could be me!!! I'm just starting this journey. My goal weight is 170, although the charts say I should weigh 150. I've lost 5 lbs so far and am excited for the next 5. Good luck to you.......
  • Bunnehface
    Options
    I lost weight through illness once and got down (very briefly) to a UK size 12, but I wasn't happy. I think I have a big frame - my shoulders and hips are quite broad, and when I was that size, every single person I knew immediately asked upon seeing me if I was ill - apparently I just don't suit being skinny! I think a 14 is a healthy goal for my height...I think once I'm there I'll be concentrating on getting what I've got into shape...no wobbly bits! Luckily I seem to be firming up as I lose at the moment, so hopefully it won't be a killer for me. I'm not looking for a bikini body - I have a 9 month old daughter and would like more children - but just to not be embarrassed in a swimsuit would be wonderful :bigsmile:
  • ahmommy
    ahmommy Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    I think it depends a lot on your frame size, and a lot of people forget that. I have a small frame. I'm 5'10" and I weigh ~145. Right now I'm working towards reducing my body fat % and firming up. I might lose a few more pounds on my journey, but I intend to gain them back in muscle. I'm currently a snug size 8 and I'd like to get to the point that they aren't snug anymore.
  • dad106
    dad106 Posts: 4,868 Member
    Options
    I guess I'm gonna be the odd-bal of the group..

I'm 5'9, I started at 180 and currently weigh 150 and wear a size 4. When I started, I was wearing a size 10.
  • catmalicki
    catmalicki Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    6' 182lbs and size 14...my goal is 160-5. I'm 44 yrs old. I was skinny all my life and could eat all I wanted to until I hit late 30s/early 40s and my metabolism took a snooze. Although I don't eat junk food, thanks to an Italian mother - I eat everything and lots of it. It was fine when I was younger, but I'm finally admitting to myself that I'm not that skinny girl anymore. Tough to balance busy work, travel and raising kids....AND eating well. I've recently recommitted to MFP and hope to get down my goal weight / size 10. I'm small framed but anything less than that I look sickly so you are approaching this correctly. You lose what you are comfortable with and reasonable to maintain. You don't want to be food obsessed or set a bad example of not loving yourself for your kids. They watch every move you make! [4 daughters here 21, 20, 10, 8]. Good luck to you!
  • SeaChele77
    SeaChele77 Posts: 1,103 Member
    Options
    I am 5'9" and currently 139.

I'm only 4lbs from UGW - I just want to really tone my butt a little more, but pretty happy with my figure now.
  • sarahg148
    sarahg148 Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'11'' and currently weigh 167-169 and fit into size 10 jeans medium tops. Looking to lose about 15-20 lbs. I'll see how I look and feel at 155 and take it from there. I do think that doing resistance training helps to firm up and get smaller while not losing too much weight on the scale. I'd be happy just to be a size 8 and firm up my booty and thighs. :D
  • ShannonMpls
    ShannonMpls Posts: 1,936 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'10" and in the low 180s (not sure exactly because I'm not weighing myself for awhile).

this is me last week in my largest jeans and jeans that fit:
    photo-3.jpg

photo1.jpg

And I took this maybe a month or two ago.

536496_10150798038932407_612802406_9811341_1999968592_n.jpg

Lots more pics in my Success Stories thread:
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/632212-one-year-120-pounds-lost-with-pics

My goal is 175ish also.

ETA: I'm a US size 10/12 pants depending on the brand, and a size small/medium shirt.
  • queenjme
    queenjme Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    im 5'8 and 125lbs

i use to be 184lbs this time last year.