Half Way There! *pics*

Options
DIYmomma
DIYmomma Posts: 74 Member
This week marked my one year anniversary with MFP! To celebrate I decided to do a post showing how far Ive come. Like most people here I was a yo-yo dieter, losing a few lbs, gaining a few more. Ive been overweight my whole life, my whole family is overweight, and we are pretty much taught to turn a blind eye to our problem. In 2010 I decided to start trying to lose weight again, for the first time I lost more than just a few pounds (45lbs total) I was happy and on my way to a healthier life. Then I found out I was pregnant with baby number three!

Fast forward 9 months and 61lbs! Over the months I had slipped back into my old habits and was now weighing in at 290lbs! I was so embarrassed I could barely stand to speak to people. As soon as I was given the all clear from the doctor, I started working out. I found MFP, read books, blogs, magazines, any and everything I could get my hands on. I started learning so much about the way our bodies work and what foods do. Slowly I began to realize that in the past, I had never truly been eating healthy! I now believe that you should eat as much unprocessed food as possible. I am learning to can foods and make bread. Ive got oddles of recipes to learn for making all kinds of foods from scratch.

My journey has been a difficult one for me, my body holds on to every pound until it just cant hold on anymore, so weight loss has been slow put steady. So far Ive lost 58lbs, but whats most important is that Ive become a different person. My husband and I took up hiking and hes promised to take me on my first kayaking trip soon. We take our kids to the park more and spend more time outside. Ive still got a long ways to go before I'm finished with this journey, but I have to say I'm enjoying the ride!

In July 2011 i was 290lbs and in maternity clothing
In October 2011 I was 262lbs and just able to fit into my fat jeans (size 22)
In the April of 2012 I was 245lbs and a size 20
Today I am 230lbs and wear a 14/16 top and a 16/18 jeans

Edit: I couldn't get the timeline to go smaller so i just added the July photos at the bottom :)

timeline-fix.jpg

timeline-july.jpg

Replies

• georgie_lou
    georgie_lou Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    What an incredible loss!! Keep up the fantastic work! It's people like you with these kind of stories that really push me to do the best that I can. You should be incredibly proud of yourself
  • KristysLosing
    Options
    Great job!! can't see your July photo though.
  • tinahelton
    tinahelton Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    You are doing great! Love the pics :) Keep it up! It's all about making changes... YOU CAN DO IT!!!
  • going2befit4ever
    going2befit4ever Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    you look way happier well done
  • DIYmomma
    Options
    thank you everyone :)
  • tubbytabbytales
    tubbytabbytales Posts: 5,883
    Options
    Looking great!!! Keep it up! Beautiful!
  • Amryfal
    Amryfal Posts: 225
    Options
    wow, way to rock it momma! keep it up, you look fantastic! :o)
  • alliwithaneye
    alliwithaneye Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    You go! You honestly look wonderful :)
  • ryansgram
    ryansgram Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    Wow, looking good girl!
  • ferrytrip
    ferrytrip Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    You are a rock star, keep it up.
  • MzBeckie
    MzBeckie Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    You look nice! Congrats & keep up the good work.
  • randy0987
    randy0987 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I just want to say great Job keep up the good work you are doing it and it shows.....:smile:
  • rjcelmer
    rjcelmer Posts: 431 Member
    Options
    Fantastic job! You look wonderful :)
  • wilted_daisies
    Options
    Wow you're doing brilliant, well done
  • sandrajune72
    sandrajune72 Posts: 550
    Options
    Wow girl! You look great!! Well done, you deserve to feel proud of yourself. Keep up the excellent work, we're all behind you! :drinker:
  • annasara21
    annasara21 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    WTG! You are incredible! Given me a kick on a very unmotivated day :)
  • beachlover317
    beachlover317 Posts: 2,848 Member
    Options
    Well done! I'm sure the pictures keep you motivated! You look great and you've motivated me to keep going!
  • kittenkris
    kittenkris Posts: 112
    Options
    Awesome, awesome job!!!
  • DIYmomma
    Options
    thanks again everyone! I really needed the kinds words today! Good luck to everyone on their journeys!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!