excess skin?!

Options
what do you do to stop from having heaps of excess skin when you reach goal!?

Replies

• WaterBunnie
    WaterBunnie Posts: 1,370 Member
    Options
    A lot of it's genetic from what I've read and you can't totally prevent it but age, hydration and exercise to create a firm frame underneath can all be factors.

It is something that frightens me too to be honest - but extra skin has got to be better for your life expectancy than extra fat.
  • ryansgram
    ryansgram Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    Make sure you are drinking lots of water, exercise, and time. If that doesn't do it then you might want to think about surgery. But its better to have loose skin than lots of fat right?
  • ClairBears84
    ClairBears84 Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    it is most certainly better to have the skin but it freaks me out! :laugh: TOTALLY

So i am thinking of adding Yoga to my routine to tryhelp tighten it!
  • ShadowSP7
    ShadowSP7 Posts: 53
    Options
    I've read that doing strength training will help a lot in tightening up all that loose skin.
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options
    Lose the weight SLOWLY!
  • MelbourneAli
    Options
    Hi there! I've previously lost 31kg & I'm 171cm tall. I pretty much only did walking & jogging. I didn't have any excess skin. I have a girlfriend who lost 27 kg, bit shorter than me & also didn't have excess skin. So maybe you might find with the amount you want to loose that you won't have a problem. :)

I read a post too on the biggest loser website & they said they did a lot of weights to try & prevent excess skin. So if your really worried you could try incorporate that.
  • ClairBears84
    Options
    Lose the weight SLOWLY!

I am losing at about 1 kg / week, i think that is slow enough?
  • ClairBears84
    Options
    Hi there! I've previously lost 31kg & I'm 171cm tall. I pretty much only did walking & jogging. I didn't have any excess skin. I have a girlfriend who lost 27 kg, bit shorter than me & also didn't have excess skin. So maybe you might find with the amount you want to loose that you won't have a problem. :)

I read a post too on the biggest loser website & they said they did a lot of weights to try & prevent excess skin. So if your really worried you could try incorporate that.

I walk , i dont jog as i have arthiritis and it screws with my joints, I want to do something now while I am losing to prevent it :smile: