DVD help in uk!! plz

Options
ok peeps, help needed, kids off school, cant go gym which will in september :D, whats the best dvd i can work out to?? ive heard 30 day shred is suppose to be good, but bare in mind i do have a shoulder injury and if i agitate it i will be on pain killers for 6 months and wont be able to move arm so anything like press ups are a no no :s any advice would be great

Replies

• mirandamayhem
    Options
    I like my old faithful Charlie Brooks workout dvd, it's my go to. Davina McColl is good too.
  • EmmaM2211
    EmmaM2211 Posts: 536 Member
    Options
    I love the 30DS and my Davina ones - my favourite is her high energy 5 as I can do just the bit I fancy so you could avoid the pump section thats shoulders and arms. the leg workout is a killer!

Whatever DVD you get you should be able to modify any bits of it that you cant do with your injury though. xx
  • Witchmoo
    Witchmoo Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    I've had two shoulder surgeries this year and have been doing the 30DS - my modification is for the push ups I do them stood up against the wall as at least I'm still moving. I know how annoying the shoulder injury is so be careful. On some DVD's I see an exercise and I just know my shoulders won't cope so I don't even try.....I've spent too long recoveringto screw it up.......shame I've just knackered my knee instead....doh!
  • lanie37
    lanie37 Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    avoid 30 day shred if you have a shoulder injury. My physio advised me to not do it until he has finished with my neck and shoulders. My cousin loves her rosemary connelly dvd, if you move your shoulder around, just not put pressure on try zumba or any dance dvds, get the kids to join in.
  • annasara21
    annasara21 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I used to do Colleen McLoughlin's one, which was quite a good pace for an exercise virgin, got my heart going without flooring me!

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Coleen-Mcloughlins-Brand-Body-Workout/dp/B000BVK828

I misplaced the DVD and wanted to get a replacement but was quite broke at the time so I got Rosemary Conley's triple pack. Again, it's at a good pace. Also, coz it's three DVD's there are lots of different workouts depending on what you want to work on/how long you have.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Rosemary-Conley-Fitness-Triple-Pack/dp/B0009W9AE6/ref=sr_1_1?s=dvd&ie=UTF8&qid=1343640898&sr=1-1

My boyfriend recently bought Jillian Michaels Ripped in 30. This is a bit more hardcore and involves using weights, but it builds up slowly with 3/4 different levels that you work to. I found it exhausting to begin with but it has the bonus of working you hard for just a short period, I find it much easier to stick it out when I watch the dvd timer telling me I've only got 10 mins left!

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Jillian-Michaels-Ripped-30-DVD/dp/B005IW0V7W

Hope that's given you some ideas!
  • Princess_Sameen
    Princess_Sameen Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    Zumba! dancing around you can modify the arm moves.... easy peasy :)
  • ScarlettIsSpiffing
    ScarlettIsSpiffing Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    you can't do wrong with any of Davina's ones. If you want a cheaper option I picked up Mikyala Dodds (she used to be in Hollyoaks & lost an amazing 11 stone) workout dvd in poundland & it's great, you'll be doing the plank in no time & the boxing will definately get you sweating....good luck ;)
  • Bding123
    Bding123 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I swear by Jillian Michaels 'No More Trouble Zones'. I've gone from a UK 16 to a UK 10 in less than 4 months. Obvs this is combines with a healthy diet but that DVD works wonders. Not great for Weight loss but for Inch loss you can't beat it!
  • mirandamayhem
    Options
    you can't do wrong with any of Davina's ones. If you want a cheaper option I picked up Mikyala Dodds (she used to be in Hollyoaks & lost an amazing 11 stone) workout dvd in poundland & it's great, you'll be doing the plank in no time & the boxing will definately get you sweating....good luck ;)

Ooh i like the sound of mikyala's, she did amazingly!
  • whatsxoccuringx
    whatsxoccuringx Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Wow what a response, thanks all, will be looking at all your suggestions :D
  • XXXMinnieXXX
    XXXMinnieXXX Posts: 3,459 Member
    Options
    Another vote for zumba. Also u could jog in the evenings if you've got someone coming home from work to help with the kids. Great exercise and stress buster after being with the kids all day. The C25K app is great I got one called rundouble on android and it's a great app. Teaches you to run 5k over 9 weeks! X
  • annasara21
    annasara21 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Little edit to mine,by the time I got to the end of my post I had forgotten about your injury; Ripped in 30 is prob pointless in your case, I'm guessing you'd have to skip/modify about 75% of it! Good luck finding something that works for you :)
  • mirandamayhem
    Options
    oooh and 5 Steps Fat Attack with Claire Richards, I like that too! Love me a bit of cheesy music!
  • sarabshi
    Options
    My favourite is Natalie Cassidy.. I have bought it twice now to replace losing it and i've lost it again!

Just bought the Coleen dvd which I will be trying out today.

Also, I tried Jillian Michaels 30 day shred but it made me feel so sick that I couldn't pick it up for the second day lol