anyone have the mfp app?!

Options
I would love to see how everyone is doing! and I'm always here if you need some help or just want a little mental boost of motivation! oh right a bit about me, I'm a 21 year old female, around 225 (highest weight 230), I'm 5'6ish give or take and I'm finally getting serious about getting healthy after many failed attempts my whole life. I eventually want to eat strictly a diet diet but I'm taking baby steps while doing the couch to 5k and walking. also my names Melissa, add me mmmcap!

Replies

• Amy911Gray
    Amy911Gray Posts: 685 Member
    Options
    Love the MFP app! It gives me more information than just looking at the mix of foods online--there's a graph putting the protein, fat and carbs into an easy to read picture for me.

Don't forget to have fun on your your journey! :)
  • Purple_Orchid_87
    Purple_Orchid_87 Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    I had the app before i found the website!
    i love the app coz i can use it if im out eating, and it looks like im texting in between courses
    its defo better than the little book that i used to see people writing in
    and having the app on the go means you dont have to try to remember everything til you get home
    I went out with a friend for lunch on Friday, he doesnt know im wantig to lose weight, and he actually commented 'so i guess ur updating facebook' when i was actually logging my food - this is perfect for me as i didnt have to feem embarrassed that a 300lb girl was wanting to watch her weight
  • smithy85
    smithy85 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Also have the App! Feel Free to Add me should you require a new pal :-) Nat x
  • mmmcap
    mmmcap Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    me too! I'm a little more open about my journey just because I want to make sure everyone is on board and knows why I'm not eating the usual crap that's out there.. I'm hoping to get my girlfriend into it too! All my friends are committing to loose weight also but on their own, I love it, I always have someone to go exercise with! I wish they'd get my mfp but they say they always forget to log their stuff but I do it whenever it comes so easy to me and helps me know exactly how many calories I'm eating at all times!
  • ScarlettIsSpiffing
    ScarlettIsSpiffing Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Hiya I love the phone app & use it more than the one on my laptop, it's great for scanning barcodes so you can add things to your diary really quickly.
    Good luck on your weight loss journey, feel free to add me if you want some support (& anyone else that wants to too, the more the merrier x)
    :flowerforyou:
  • Ayla70
    Ayla70 Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    Had the app, but my phone ran out of memory so had to get rid of it :(
  • pkw58
    pkw58 Posts: 2,039 Member
    Options
    I found the MFP App after I started my "consolidation" or pre-maintenance phase of my life style. I live by it.. I have it on my iPhone and my iPad. I used "lose it" but found it very limited on the variety of foods by restaurants/brands compared to MFP. I do log on to the sight to keep up with my pals and get all the community suggestions, etc. Very happy to see a lot of people from the UK as I vist their every other year or so now and it helps to know what to eat when traveling!
  • Its_Nat
    Its_Nat Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    I found the app too, before I found it on my laptop lol. I LOVE the app!!
  • xxcandywrathxx
    xxcandywrathxx Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    I have a HTC ...the app annoys me because of the damned advert on the bottom!
    But its great on Iphone.
  • dfammama
    dfammama Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I have the App too and love it! I use it on the ipod touch. I like that it also has some information saved so that I can use it offline. I'm looking for friends as well. Feel free to add me!
  • ChangeYourPace
    ChangeYourPace Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    The barcode scanner is a huge timesaver for logging.
  • mmmcap
    Options
    yeah lose it was good but mfp seemed like it had way more foods, and on my part I know nothing really about calories and what not so it helps a lot. I have an iPhone an I used to have an android phone which I didn't have problems with the app on it, but now it notifies me when I get a notification like someone commenting on my update which is so awesome before I had to scroll down to my post to see if anyone commented it. Also I will surely add all of you that said to add, thank you (:
  • wgn4166
    wgn4166 Posts: 771 Member
    Options
    I try to check my phone app in between patients, tho I am sure I miss some things. Feel free to add me if you would like. Good luck on your journey.
  • JaneMills0
    JaneMills0 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    The app is brilliant. Means that you can always log. Also I work away a lot and need something to monitor on a dialy basis. In the bad old days (pre mobile internet - you won't remember) that meant weighing daily which I couldn't do because I was away, I got demotivated and therefore everything slipped. Now I just log and am just as motivated over 6 months down the line as I was on day 1.

Feel free to add me.
  • Angel1066
    Angel1066 Posts: 816 Member
    Options
    Love love love the app.
  • mmmcap
    Options
    You guys are all awesome, thanks for all the support (:
  • 47Jacqueline
    47Jacqueline Posts: 6,993 Member
    Options
    Hiya I love the phone app & use it more than the one on my laptop, it's great for scanning barcodes so you can add things to your diary really quickly.
    Good luck on your weight loss journey, feel free to add me if you want some support (& anyone else that wants to too, the more the merrier x)
    :flowerforyou:

How do you scan a label?
  • Marie047
    Marie047 Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    Hi, I have the app for my andriod, its great, I absolutely love it and I agree with people that are saying the bar scan label, makes it so much easier to scan and it find the food for you, I use this loads, actaully every day.

The best thing for me is you never have an excuse not to log your food or exercise, I dont think anyone goes out without there phone/s! I certainly never do, as it would be like losing an arm I couldnt cope.

I am really enjoying my journey with the app, and still check in on the website as well. I wish the app allowed you to access the message boards as well it would great.

Oh I`m Marie by the way I have been around a while and I am here to help and support any one, so please feel free to add me. I have another 9.2Kg to lose so i`ll be around forever. And when I do reach my weight I still intend to be here to make sure I maintain my weight and not go back to my old ways
  • Marie047
    Marie047 Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    On the andriod next to the search bar there is is little blue box thing, press it and it comes up with a scanner just put the scanner to the product bar code and its beeps and finds the food for you.