What do you have for lunch?

Options
2»

Replies

• lillauraseymour
    lillauraseymour Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    SOUP/sushi/rice paper rolls/sandwich (avocado/chicken no cheese) subway 6 inch/cheese mac/salad
  • zrmac804
    zrmac804 Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    I usually eat lean cuisine spa meals. The seasame chicken stir fry one is my FAV and I also like the schezuane (sp?) shrimp one. One of those plus an apple or something.

That''s what I have too. Plus a coffee...yeah I'm super addicted :blushing:
  • ashesfromfire
    ashesfromfire Posts: 867 Member
    Options
    learn to make sushi. It's pretty easy and you get a yummy low calory meal with all the important food groups
  • jujudot
    jujudot Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    What about an omlette? You can make them ahead of time and reheat. Full of protein and you can hide veggies in it! :smile:
  • paul1batler
    paul1batler Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    There is a lady on here who has suggested trying skinnytaste.com , supposed to be some yummy ideas on there

Paul:smile:
  • AHatFullOfSky
    AHatFullOfSky Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Today I had:

Rocket, tomatoes, red bell peber, a bit of feta cheese, kidney beans and cucumber.

I almost went for an omelet with ham and cottage cheese with veggies on the side. Going to make that tomorrow.

Leftovers from yesterdays dinner works great too.
  • melaniecheeks
    melaniecheeks Posts: 6,349 Member
    Options
    I'll make up a big batch of soup/ stew at the weekend, and freeze it in individual portions. In the freezer I currently have:

Tomato and pak-choi soup
    Quinoa and mushroom pilaff
    prawn and courgette pasta
    chilli-bean stew

Other days I'll make a salad with spinach leaves, tomatoes, cucumbers, somehting a bit fancy like marinated artichokes or capers, olives, and some protein like chicken, ham, tuna or cottage cheese.
  • FelicityEliza36
    FelicityEliza36 Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    A lot of times I have anything that has to do with a salad:
    -- Roast beef , cheese, broccoli, on top of some spinach and dark greens.
    -- Turkey, cheese, onions, peppers on top of some spinach and dark greens.
    -- Grilled chicken, cheese, almonds, on top of some spinach leaves.
    -- Ground hamburger, cheese, onions, peppers, pickles, mushrooms on top of a bed of lettuce!!

Whenever I want to have a sandwich I make sure to use as many veggies as possible:
    -- Joseph's 100 calorie flat bread roll up always with onions, peppers, spinach, and lettuce...
    -- Normally use roast beef, turkey, or chicken, and some cheese.

My twist on a healthy BLT:
    -- Wheat toast, turkey bacon, pear slices, spinach / lettuce. The pear taste delicious!!!

My twist on a grilled cheese:
    -- Wheat bread, cheese, and a ton of spinach!!!
    -- Or sprouts, onions, and cheese on some wheat bread. Yum!

Always give myself a little treat on the side:
    -- Replacing chips with 100 calorie pack chocolate covered pretzels, pop chips, or special K crackers.
    -- Cantelope, pine apple, strawberries, kiwi, apple slices, watermelon...

nexi4x.jpg
  • deadbeatsummer
    deadbeatsummer Posts: 537 Member
    Options
    I usually have those warburtons thins and make a 'skinny' sandwich and put whatever in them - ham and lettuce and mayo or cheese and pickle. and I have fruit and fat free yoghurt.

Or i have soup - fresh soup. I love butternut squash. sometuimes i buy soup from Eat or pret at lunch.

Last night I made dinner and I made extra so I have a serving of it to heat up for lunch - its a cajun chicken and rice dish with green peppers, onions and tomatos in it. it's really easy to make one of those chuck everything in a bag and bake thingys.
  • ITS_MY_CHOICE
    ITS_MY_CHOICE Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Leftovers from dinner the night before (tomorrow im having roast veg with gravy).
    Wraps
    Sandwiches
    Soup