What exercises are you guys doing?

Options
I did extremely slow bodyweight strength training (push-ups, sit-ups, and squats extreeeemely slow reps, like 15+ seconds per rep) followed by a newbie HIIT 3 days ago. The newbie HIIT went like this: 5 mins of powerwalking to warm up (not sure if it was necessary after the strength workout but w/e) and then the triple 5:

30 seconds of slow jogging
15 seconds full speed sprint
90 seconds of walking (to rest)

and repeated that 5 times.

Barely made it home, haha.

What are you guys doing?

Replies

• ThatGrl32
    ThatGrl32 Posts: 20
    Options
    Right now, just a lot of walking. I'm not really doing this for the weight loss so much as just getting my body healthy. The exercise is sort of an after thought because I have so much energy from the whole food diet.
  • BackTatJIM
    BackTatJIM Posts: 1,140 Member
    Options
    simple answer for me is at least 20 minutes of cardio 5 days a week ( nothing specific, sometimes jog to the gym, sometimes bike fast, sometimes elliptical, treadmill, and so on) followed by bis/tri on monday, shoulders on tuesday, legs on wendsday, chest on thursday, and back on friday, all workouts take about 60 minutes, followed by about 20 minutes of abs 3-4 times a week
  • Weatherford102
    Options
    If you are looking for high calories burned for the time investment, jogging isn't too bad. Programs like p90x and insanity can burn between 400 to 800 cals / hour. Just regular sports like basketball, soccer or volleyball are pretty good too considering you do them for an hour at least. Use the exercise calculator. When I am healthy, I like to burn about 300 to 500 cals per day. That is about 3 miles jogging, 1 hr basketball or volleyball, or about 3/4 of my 3 favorite p90x workouts.
  • Thoth8
    Thoth8 Posts: 107
    Options
    @bipolarpunkgr - what kind of whole foods do you eat? :-)

@wgpjim - great balls of fire 5 days a week? not bad - my first diet will only have 2 days of working out per week since I still have not completely recovered from the first time 3 days ago. I am shooting for 3 days a week next week.

@Weatherford10 - I don't like regular jogging, but my HIIT includes a bit of jogging. I'm not the stamina/cardio type myself - does it do the job for you?
  • BackTatJIM
    BackTatJIM Posts: 1,140 Member
    Options
    @bipolarpunkgr - what kind of whole foods do you eat? :-)

@wgpjim - great balls of fire 5 days a week? not bad - my first diet will only have 2 days of working out per week since I still have not completely recovered from the first time 3 days ago. I am shooting for 3 days a week next week.

@Weatherford10 - I don't like regular jogging, but my HIIT includes a bit of jogging. I'm not the stamina/cardio type myself - does it do the job for you?

yeah I have no life lol
  • amy_kee
    amy_kee Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    I'm 48 and have injuries.
    I walk 2.5 mph for about 30 - 40 minutes a day
    some days I lift my little weights in a set routine workout from an instructor
    I need to get back doing my stretching exercises with my DVD
  • ockara
    ockara Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I run a cleaning business so I spend 4-10 hrs per day cleaning! Fun.

3x a week I do HIIT on the treadmill, deadlifts, thrusters,squats, weighted rows, bench press and then walk a few miles the other days
  • krisiepoo
    krisiepoo Posts: 710 Member
    Options
    Monday - Run 30 mins, 30 day shred
    Tuesday - Les mills body pump at the gym (60 mins), 30 day shred
    Wednesday - run 30 mins, 30 day shred
    Thursday - Les mills body pump, 30 day shred
    Friday - Rest
    Saturday - Long run (distance depends on where I am in my 1/2 marathon training), 30 day shred
    Sunday - 30 day shred
  • bacamacho
    bacamacho Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    Since July 1:

Run 3+ miles 6 days a week (1/2 marathon training)
    P90X 2-3x a week
    Swimming 2-3x a week (triathlon base training)
  • skullik
    skullik Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    Bump!