TO JENNY CRAIG OR NOT TO

Options
GEE1241
GEE1241 Posts: 32 Member
HI ANYONE ON JENNY CRAIG OR A FORMER MEMBER? ...

I AM A LIFETIME MEMBER OF JENNY CRAIG. IN 2008- 2009 I LOST 45LBS OFF IT.
I KEEP CONTEMPLATING GOING BACK. EVERY TIME I DO I REALIZE THAT THE SELECTION IS SO LIMITED.
THE SODIUM ALSO SCARES ME TOO. THE FOOD ALWAYS LEFT ME FEELING HUNRY. THEY TALK ABOUT ADDING VOLUME OF FREE FOODS TO THE DIET.

I'M ALSO NOT SURE IF IT'S A GOOD MATCH WITH THE INSANITY DVD.
THE TYPICAL MENU FOR THEM IS 1200 CALORIE GOAL DAILY.
I REALLY LOVED JC BC I GOT WEIGHED INFRONT OF MY CONSULTANT.
THIS MOTIVATED ME EVERY WEEK.

SINCE I'M A YO YO DIETER I'M FEEL IN JC NEVER REALLY TAUGHT ME HOW TO EAT.
THE WEIGHT JUST SLOWLY CREEPS BACK ON AFTER YOU LEAVE THE PROGRAM.

I'M THINKING ABOUT STARTING THE DUKAN DIET TOMORROW.
ITS A 3 PHASE DIET.
PHASE 1 IS 14DAYS
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dukan_Diet

PLEASE ADD ME I NEED MORE SUPPORT!!!!!!!!!

I HAVE A VERY BUSY LIFESTYLE...
WHICH DO YOU THINK IS BETTER

Replies

• 3LittleMonkeyMom
    Options
    No to Jenny Craig. That's a miserable way to live, I think.

If you track your calories, and eat in moderation, you should be fine.

Following a "diet" for me has always been a downfall...something I have failed at. Choosing to be healthy and actually know what I'm putting in my body has helped tremendously. I am doing better now than I ever have. I feel good, fit and healthier. I have energy I never had before.

Good luck. :)
  • cobracars
    cobracars Posts: 949 Member
    Options
    If you keep trying 'diets' you will keep up with your yo-yo weight loss and weight gain. You will. Absolutely. History proves it. Millions of people prove it. Even your own personal experience proves it. Searching for the 'right' diet will only lead to disappointment and continued failure.

Change your eating style and you will be a healthy weight for the rest of your life.
  • laus_8882
    laus_8882 Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    Jenny Craig makes me sad. The food tastes like (and resembles) something that crawled into a plastic tray, died and was garnished with limp vegies. Gross. The staff are rude and unsupportive and really only care about selling you more garbage.

Dukan is just protein protein protein and a bit of chaff. As limited as Atkins, and I don't care how good Kate Middleton looks, being slim is not worth eating that much cottage cheese and fake fish. Blech.
  • KS_4691
    KS_4691 Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    They do have higher calorie options that they offer to more active clients. That being said, the food is horrible from a nutritional standpoint. Yes, you may lose weight due to a caloric deficit. BUT you are not developing healthy habits. The food is far from clean. It's your choice.
  • KS_4691
    KS_4691 Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    I didn't read the part about Dukan. When I was on Dukan, I was ANGRY all the time. And when I slowly went off of it, I put on a bit of weight in all the places I didn't want to. Just eat clean.
  • Ayla70
    Ayla70 Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    If you keep trying 'diets' you will keep up with your yo-yo weight loss and weight gain. You will. Absolutely. History proves it. Millions of people prove it. Even your own personal experience proves it. Searching for the 'right' diet will only lead to disappointment and continued failure.

Change your eating style and you will be a healthy weight for the rest of your life.

^^ this.

Get off the 'diet' cycle and begin a healthier life :)
  • robin52077
    robin52077 Posts: 4,383 Member
    Options
    If it has the word "diet" in the title, or if it is ANY kind of paid program, it is a crock.

Just keep your calories reasonable (REASONABLE, not LOW, especially while exercising), and hit your macros, and you'll be fine.

It's called the "I am not on a diet, I just eat healthy and exercise" diet....
  • momtokgo
    momtokgo Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    No to Jenny Craig. Is it going to teach you how to change your eating habits so you don't put the weight back on? NO. All it does is give you pretty gross prepackaged food, but when you quit there you are right back where you are now. Work with the calories MFP gives you, and you'll do fine.
  • GEE1241
    Options
    Thank you for all the posts!!!!!!! I am not going jenny craig . Going to eat clean !!!!!
  • mish1969
    mish1969 Posts: 8
    Options
    HI ANYONE ON JENNY CRAIG OR A FORMER MEMBER? ...

I AM A LIFETIME MEMBER OF JENNY CRAIG. IN 2008- 2009 I LOST 45LBS OFF IT.
    I KEEP CONTEMPLATING GOING BACK. EVERY TIME I DO I REALIZE THAT THE SELECTION IS SO LIMITED.
    THE SODIUM ALSO SCARES ME TOO. THE FOOD ALWAYS LEFT ME FEELING HUNRY. THEY TALK ABOUT ADDING VOLUME OF FREE FOODS TO THE DIET.

I'M ALSO NOT SURE IF IT'S A GOOD MATCH WITH THE INSANITY DVD.
    THE TYPICAL MENU FOR THEM IS 1200 CALORIE GOAL DAILY.
    I REALLY LOVED JC BC I GOT WEIGHED INFRONT OF MY CONSULTANT.
    THIS MOTIVATED ME EVERY WEEK.

SINCE I'M A YO YO DIETER I'M FEEL IN JC NEVER REALLY TAUGHT ME HOW TO EAT.
    THE WEIGHT JUST SLOWLY CREEPS BACK ON AFTER YOU LEAVE THE PROGRAM.

I'M THINKING ABOUT STARTING THE DUKAN DIET TOMORROW.
    ITS A 3 PHASE DIET.
    PHASE 1 IS 14DAYS
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dukan_Diet

PLEASE ADD ME I NEED MORE SUPPORT!!!!!!!!!

I HAVE A VERY BUSY LIFESTYLE...
    WHICH DO YOU THINK IS BETTER

I agree with everyone else
    Jenny Craig doesn't teach you much
    I know I have been on it
    They tell you how you should eat after you stop having
    their food but by that time you are so used to having everything
    prepared for you its like starting to diet all over again
    Honestly it's easier to start eating right and counting your calories
    I hope this helps a little :flowerforyou:
  • HorseWithNoName27
    HorseWithNoName27 Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    I did Medifast. Wasted close to a thousand dollars and a bunch of my time.

You have to make a lifestyle change...otherwise you will just gain the weight back. Go down the long hard road of relying on yourself, not a judgmental consultant and pre-packaged food. :smokin:
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    jenny craig's stuff looks and smells like wet cat food to me, so that was a turn off
  • GEE1241
    Options
    Thanks I'm not doing the Jenny Craig !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • mariafh0709
    mariafh0709 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I've done Jenny and lost 40 pounds. Like a lot of weight control programs, it is not for everyone. It all depends on what type of program works for you. I have tried weight watchers, diet workshop, and atkins. I am a health care professional, so I often know more about nutrition than the people who work at these places or sell the products. Last thing I need is for them to tell me how many calories is in a pad of butter. My problem was sticking to the diet. The one aspect of JC that helped with that is the weekly meetings with the counselor. That certainly help me to keep me honest and on track. And even if you have a bad week, they say that's the past and you can start right now on track. They don't berate. I have kept the weight off longer than any other diet I have tried in the past. But yes, the food is not great, but I don't mind it. You find your favorites and it is very convenient for working people. But JC would not work for my daughter. She lacks basic nutritional knowledge and is a vegetarian. She does better with something like weight watchers which gives her more food flexibility and is easier to follow. But it is the counselor that made all the difference in the world. It was my last option and my last hope and it pull me through to weight loss.
  • jesen87
    jesen87 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I have to say I disagree with a lot of the previous posts, but of course losing weight is a matter of finding a way that works best for you. The Jenny Craig food smells delicious. Sometimes it smells better than it tastes.

I enjoy the program because it's convenient. Before, I was too busy or too lazy to cook and eat right. Using the program, does help to eat healthier. It does help teach you healthier habits. You're suppose to eat 2-3 fruits a day, yogurt, nonfat milk, salads, and veggies. I agree that the processed food isn't the best for you. However, I was eating much worse before the program. I think if you have a significant amount of weight to lose, this program is practical, convenient, and easy. The weight does come off without having to restrict yourself.