3rd time using, 1st ime I WILL BE SUCCESSFUL

Options
Looking for support to get out of the fast food soda drinking habit and into a healthy lifestyle. I love to do outdoor stuff, but when it comes to daily exercise, especially strenght training I have ZERO motivation. I so want to lose this weight and be a GREAT influence for my kids. Please anyone who has been here OR is also seeking help let me know....

Replies

• robpett2001
    robpett2001 Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    Hi!

You can definitely do this, and yes, you'll be successful!

Ya know what helped me cut back on the fast food thing, and on drinking sugar pop? Seeing the jaw-dropping calorie counts on a large Coke (390), a Whopper (760), and fries (500)...and comparing each of those to the amount of time I would need to spend on the treadmill in ADDITION to the regular exercise I was already planning to do that day. ARGGHH. Is having that Coke (or those tasteless fries, for gosh sake) worth having to add 30-40 minutes to an exercise schedule? Pffffft! I've got better things to be doing.

I do encourage you to include strength training in your exercise plan, but that doesn't have to be lifting weights. Look for some body-weight, resistance-training routines you can do (youtube is a great source) at home. And maybe there's an outdoor running/walking trail nearby that has some exercise stations along the way.

Best wishes to you!
  • krattnatic
    Options
    Thanks for motivation....i will look into the youtube thing.