Dealing with left over pizza

Options

Replies

• Nikiki
    Nikiki Posts: 993
    Options
    My husband and I finally started buying frozen pizzas, it's crazy that while we used to order 2-3 large pizzas and polish them plus a couple two liters of coke off in a weekend now we are perfectly satisfied with one small-ish frozen pizza. I keep plenty of goodies in the house because the moment I decide I want a snack and I don't have it in the house is when I hit up an ice cream shop for a monster sundae. Right now I have chocolate covered bananas (130 cals) and mini ice cream snickers (80cals) in the freezer along with frozen veggie French bread pizzas (260 cals per good sized piece).

I don't like to feel deprived and when I start thinking in terms of depriving myself of what I like I start resenting my diet changes and bomb it. The other thing that has helped me a TON is looking at my calorie goals as a weekly total rather than a daily. Some days I'm over, some days I'm under but for the whole week it balances out. For example I was over last monday by almost 1,000 calories and over on Tuesday by I think 200 but for the week I was under by 900. Makes it a lot easier to stay on track and not let one bad day derail my success and helps me plan for eating out without feeling guilty, like this coming weekend going to eat at cheesecake factory so I'm going to make sure that most days this week I'm 100-200 under goal so I have plenty of extra space in my calories for a passion fruit mojito and monster slice of coconut chocolate cheesecake!

Oh and for what to do with the pizza: freeze it in individual portions of 1-2 slices so you have a snack when you get a craving!
  • therealangd
    therealangd Posts: 1,861 Member
    Options
    I would portion it out and freeze it.
  • ImpishScoundrel
    Options
    I hate leftover pizza! It always ends up in my belly.
  • NikkiSmo
    NikkiSmo Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    Next time order only 1 pizza half what your BF wants and the other half what you want then you wont have so much waste. Honestly pizza is my weakness so I havent had it since starting my journey (except the smart ones verison). I don't think I would have the self control needed yet nor would I be happy only eating 1 peice so I just don't put myself in that situation. Good luck - I say start today why wait till Aug 1st? Throw it away or offer it to someone at work,
  • caraiselite
    caraiselite Posts: 2,631 Member
    Options
    eat the toppings, ditch the unhealthy crust.
  • caraiselite
    caraiselite Posts: 2,631 Member
    Options
    also, you CANT throw food away? what are you, a garbage can?

your body isn't trash, don't treat it like it is.
  • ElizabethRoad
    ElizabethRoad Posts: 5,138 Member
    Options
    I can't throw food away.
    Don't be ridiculous. If you don't want it, throw it out. Or give it to your boyfriend. Your body is not a garbage disposal that has to accept every leftover.
  • fromfattytohealthy
    fromfattytohealthy Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    But we both didn't want to go outside to go to the store to get the little something something.

That's your problem. You want to eat healthy, but you're too lazy to go to the store. Fine. How about he orders himself a grinder, and you get a salad the next time you order out? Pizza places have more than just pizza. Or limit yourself to one slice, and give leftovers to someone not in your house.

Or, when you go to the grocery store, you can buy healthy food (not junk and ****), so it's already in the house when the weekend comes along. If there's food already in the house, you won't go, "Oh, I'm hungry lets order out!" because there's already something good for you in the house.
  • EBFNP
    EBFNP Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    I would throw it out. I never keep leftovers from restaurants or when I cook, since I know there is a high possibility it won't make it to the next day..:)
  • ixap
    ixap Posts: 675 Member
    Options
    Make him take the leftovers home.
  • Koldnomore
    Koldnomore Posts: 1,613 Member
    Options
    I have always frozen leftover Pizza, it makes a great lunch to take to work or on days when I don't feel like cooking. I used to make my own Pizza at home all the time for just that reason but I haven't had time to do it lately.

If my boyfriend ordered 2 whole pizzas knowing that I was trying to watch my food intake I would shoot him..
  • DMZ_1
    DMZ_1 Posts: 2,889 Member
    Options
    Give it to a friend, neighbor or your bf.
  • freeone17
    freeone17 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Is there someone close by you could give it to? Everyone loves pizza :)
  • dawson55510
    dawson55510 Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    I love pizza suppose who dosent? i usually have pizza on sat evening and a Chinese,McDonalds, or Subway on Sunday and stick to my diet routine the rest of the week dont think there's anything wrong with treating yourself 1-2 meals a week.
  • mcarter99
    mcarter99 Posts: 1,666 Member
    Options
    Do you have a Costco around? Or anywhere that sells pizza by the slice (or two)? That's one way I'll indulge a pizza craving.

Some pizzerias have pizzas that are like half the calories of the traditional type. They usually have very thin crusts. Papa Murphy's 'DeLite' pizzas are really good. When in doubt, go for thin crust.

And obviously don't order a pizza per person. Like others have said, order half his topping, half your's. He can suffer with a normal portion.
  • indigochilds
    indigochilds Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I love pizza suppose who dosent? i usually have pizza on sat evening and a Chinese,McDonalds, or Subway on Sunday and stick to my diet routine the rest of the week dont think there's anything wrong with treating yourself 1-2 meals a week.

oh my word..
    i didn't think so many people would respond.

Thank you. so much for replying. I so didn't see this coming.

I'm as much guilty as my bf is. I pushed the enter button.

I'm going to portion it out and what ever is left over put it in the freezer (I will be cutting off the crust).

@adawson555 - I feel you. But I can't out run a donut. It would take me about a good 45 minutes to burn off once slice of pizza.
    I burn about 200 calories in 30 minutes. :( since I'm short.

For those who mentioned about not being a food disposal. That is a very interesting concept. I didn't even think of that.
    I feel bad about throwing food away. Cause I have a very bad habit of letting food go to waste. Cooked food especially. Bf or I will make dinner for the week. and if I get overwhelmed. I will forget about it and not eat, dinner or bring for lunch. And then 2 weeks later. I would rely on outside sources for food and don't really eat much at home. or just crapy snacks.

I'll be scolded about "wasting food"

@mcarter99 - unfortunately in nyc..the costco's are in remote areas. But the next time bf and I want pizza. We will do it in that method.
  • mcarter99
    mcarter99 Posts: 1,666 Member
    Options
    Do you have dogs? I have trouble throwing food out. They help. :smile:
  • StormyGal8
    StormyGal8 Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    Cut it up, put it in the freezer in zip lock bags....the next time your BF wants pizza, there you go.

You DO have the ability to ignore that pizza sitting there...it's about what you want more...a slice now, or a healthier, leaner, more confident you later!
  • cpaman87
    cpaman87 Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    I get a salad and one slice of pizza. I have to go to the local restaurant for it . No delivery. It satisfies my need for pizza without over doing it. Moderation is the key.
  • ElizabethRoad
    ElizabethRoad Posts: 5,138 Member
    Options
    @mcarter99 - unfortunately in nyc..the costco's are in remote areas. But the next time bf and I want pizza. We will do it in that method.
    You live in NYC and you're considering going to Costo for pizza?? NO.