Weight loss at it's slowest

iheartjillian
iheartjillian Posts: 18
edited September 20 in Motivation and Support
So i've been dieting and exercising for a month and a half. I've lost about 6 inches total but only 5 pounds! Every week it's just one lonely pound. I'm waiting for that big drop that everyone talks about but I have yet to see it. I eat only 1200 calories a day and work out for about an hour 5 days a week. I need some motivation to keep going and to believe it will happen. Any experiences with this out there?

Replies

• 6 inches is great. That should be motivation enough right there...
    A good reason for losing 6 inches and only e few pounds is that you are putting on fat burning muscle. One other thing could be your not eating enough calories. What is your daily allowance?
  • kellygirl5538
    kellygirl5538 Posts: 597 Member
    You need to eat more. PERIOD.
  • lila1119
    lila1119 Posts: 1 Member
    Im having the same problem i lost two pounds but i gain and loss one pound back and forth. But i notice im toning but not loosing...i exercise 4 times a week 2 hours everytime cardio and weights.....
  • I am allowed 165 Carbs, 40 grams of fat and 45 grams of protein. Eat more you say?
  • songbyrdsweet
    songbyrdsweet Posts: 5,691 Member
    That's not slow at all. That's excellent progress! We can trade if you want; I sometimes don't lose anything in a week. :tongue:
  • Lisa0711
    Lisa0711 Posts: 1,405 Member
    If you only eat 1200 calories a day and you're NOT eating your exercise calories, you definately need to eat more. Make sure to eat your exercise calories because you body needs them after a workout. No one should go under 1200 calories even on days they don't exercise. It's crucial to give your body the fuel it needs. When your body gets what it needs (as long as it's not too much excess) you will lose weight. If it gets too little, the body hangs on to all it can because it's in starvation mode, but we all know if it gets too much it's stored as fat.
This discussion has been closed.