I am not losing weight...

Options
I am 140, for more than a year :,( I can't seem to lose. I am eating 1600 calories a day + half my exercise calories. I'm active, like wake up, run, make breakfast, park, workout, walk 1.26 miles to library (1.26 miles back), lunch, relax, clean, dinner, park. I do the 1.26x2 walk twice a week the rest of the time just different park with the kids. What am I doing wrong? Ftr I'm 5'2

Replies

• Mandirella
    Options
    It could be that your body has adapted to that routine. Try a new exercise, hopefully that will jump start your body back in to losing. Best of luck!
  • fromfattytohealthy
    fromfattytohealthy Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Change it up. Increase your workouts, or, like Mandirella said, get a new workout altogether.

Change your eating habits, too. Maybe bringing your calorie intake down to 1400 can make a difference?
  • jellebeandesigns
    jellebeandesigns Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    Down to 1400, the work out changes weekly aside from the running. The running is for piece of mind so it's staying
  • ladyhaelstorm
    Options
    How many calories are you eating total if you include half your exercise calories? You may be eating too many calories by including your exercise calories. I don't eat my exercise calories, I eat 1,500 cal per day and exercise for 1-2 hours per day (strength and cardio) and have been losing about 1-2 pounds per week.

The rule of thumb to losing 1lb a week is to eat 500 fewer calories per day than you eat to maintain weight (500 cal per day x 7 days = 3500 cal = 1lb). To calculate how many calories you should eat to lose weight, this link will take you through the steps of figuring that out:

http://www.livestrong.com/article/241928-how-to-calculate-calories-needed-per-day-to-lose-weight/

Good luck and I hope you beat your plateau soon!
  • orishp
    orishp Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    Try upping your protein, I target 100 g per day, and cut own carbs. It has woked for me.
  • super_monty
    super_monty Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    are your cals ALL carbs?………but the problem in the west is that we normally eat way too MANY carbs most of which are hidden so we need to cut back.

Just looked at your food diary and you diet is very poor imo I bet thats the problem.

You eat low cals over all and a lot of rubbish, high fat, high carbs, heavily processed junk, your body is not getting what it needs imo.

Donuts, nachos, syrup, macdonalds and no real nutrients
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    Cheese dip, pretzels, french fries, cake - you eat almost 100% junk food and call it a meal. Where's the vegetables? The protein? Anything that actual resembles an actual meal? Just looking at your diary makes my tummy hurt.
  • super_monty
    Options
    the diet is all junk food the answer is obvious.
  • Everythin2Lose
    Options
    Looking at your diet really does give all the answers, mine is far far from perfect. But you need to remember it isn't all about the total calories at the end of the day.. it's about the foods that make up those calories (eg lean meat and a serve of veggies, porridge for breakky, a turkey wholemeal sandwich for lunch and fruit for snacks...vs a Big Mac and Large Fries). You need to think of the fuel content of the food and their properties.

I hope that helps
  • owyn999
    owyn999 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    You must be starving! Look on the bright side, you already exercise and clearly have the willpower to control your eating despite getting so few nutrients, all you need to do is fix what you eat.
  • ITS_MY_CHOICE
    ITS_MY_CHOICE Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    So much junk food! The volume of food you are eating is not much because you are choosing high calorie low nutrient density foods.

More vegetables needed on your plate.
  • super_monty
    Options
    Drop the junk.

Try eating clean for a month with thinks like chicken stir frys, home made soups in a slow cooker.

You will fuller, have more energy and will notice a weight drop.
  • morganadk2_deleted
    morganadk2_deleted Posts: 1,696 Member
    Options
    Cheese dip, pretzels, french fries, cake - you eat almost 100% junk food and call it a meal. Where's the vegetables? The protein? Anything that actual resembles an actual meal? Just looking at your diary makes my tummy hurt.

this.
  • jellebeandesigns
    Options
    The in laws for the weekend and a birthday party. My diet is usually more alon the lines of a carb for breakfast ie eating bagel with egg and cheese, fruit for snack today apples and peanut butter, lunch will probably be bean dip and chips (pinto beans and diced tomatoes with a tbsp of cheese and dinner is bean and rice burritos. My diet looks wretched because I don't have time to input every thing I eat since its all homemade so I just pick something close in calories :-)
  • jellebeandesigns
    Options
    I don't eat meat :) or tofu
  • jellebeandesigns
    Options
    I went through the diary and I totally see it...mostly
    Snacks with the kids. My goal this week is to eat cleaner (minus my coffee lol)
  • neverstray
    neverstray Posts: 3,845 Member
    Options
    If your diet is ok, decrease your cals by 10%. Change your workouts, your body has adapted.
  • grrrlface
    grrrlface Posts: 1,204 Member
    Options
    The in laws for the weekend and a birthday party. My diet is usually more alon the lines of a carb for breakfast ie eating bagel with egg and cheese, fruit for snack today apples and peanut butter, lunch will probably be bean dip and chips (pinto beans and diced tomatoes with a tbsp of cheese and dinner is bean and rice burritos. My diet looks wretched because I don't have time to input every thing I eat since its all homemade so I just pick something close in calories :-)

If you're not logging your food correctly you could be massively under estimating what you're eating even if you think it is similar.
  • adianeschu
    adianeschu Posts: 491 Member
    Options
    bump
  • zia130
    zia130 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    try not eating back your exercise calories - i know it goes against what all say but i have found that after months of NOT losing and only maintaining through diet and exercise when i eat only my suggested calories for the day and not any back from exercise, i finally lost 1.6 lbs my first week of trying this new regimine...i'm also on medications that i believe are making it hard for me to lose but i have to say after months of frustration of seeing the scale go nowhere or even up, it was a pretty good feeling this morning when i finally saw it go down! stay focused on maintaining a healthy lifestyle and hang in there - eating healty and exercising are improving your body and health even if you don't feel like you are seeing the desired results!

feel free to friend me if you want, would love to support you in this journey