Why is the last 10lbs so hard to lose?

Options
I am down 26lbs since November, I have 10 more to go to reach my goal weight. Why is it that I am now stuck and cannot drop the last 10? I have been at this weight for the last 3 weeks.

Replies

• samasche1
    samasche1 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I have been battling my last 10 lbs for TWO months! Plateaus SUCK.
  • amj3303
    amj3303 Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    I AM WITH YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!! been a few months for me~ :(
  • Angie_1MR
    Angie_1MR Posts: 247
    Options
    The less you have to lose, the harder it becomes to lose it
  • emmygrace2012
    emmygrace2012 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I'm stuck, too! only 5-10 lbs from goal. However, my energy is amazing and I'm less focused on a number and more focused on training because I now enjoy it for other reasons than end results. :-)

Best wishes to you and meeting your goals!
  • tigerlily8045
    tigerlily8045 Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    I have 10 lbs to lose but I would rather be toned up and "look like i lost 10 lbs" than actually losing 10 lbs. Maybe if you change up your diet or excercise routine it would help. Also don't know if you are doing weights or not. That can help.
  • dlwyatt82
    dlwyatt82 Posts: 1,077 Member
    Options
    By the time you get down to the last 10 pounds, you're dealing with a veteran army of fat cells, led by Napoleon. Settle in for a long campaign.... OK, I have no idea. I'd love to have that problem, personally. :laugh:
  • nxd10
    nxd10 Posts: 4,570 Member
    Options
    By the time you get down to the last 10 pounds, you're dealing with a veteran army of fat cells, led by Napoleon. Settle in for a long campaign.... OK, I have no idea. I'd love to have that problem, personally. :laugh:

Too funny!

I am within that last ten and haven't plateued yet. Unfortunately, it's a false frontier! If I hit it, I'll lower it another 10 and get to the weight I'd really LIKE to be at. LOL.
  • KarmaxKitty
    KarmaxKitty Posts: 901 Member
    Options

...I like this explaination. You, sir, win the interwebz. :laugh:

I'm down on my last 10, too. At this point, I'd be happy if i even lost TWO pounds in a month. Oh well. I'm working on weights and whatnot. XD
  • DanaDark
    DanaDark Posts: 2,187 Member
    Options
    Lower your goal weight loss to 0.5lbs a week and ensure you are getting enough protein. At this time, it may also be worth it to up your cardio intensity.

Remember to continue lifting heavy weights as well.

At this point, the body is noticing much less fat left and will start trying to conserve if it sees large calorie deficits.
  • dsak
    dsak Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    I still have 15-20 to lose and have been struggling for the last several months. I had only been doing cardio, but joined the local YMCA back in June. I'm doing some strength training as well as cardio now. Unfortunately, I'm still staying within a 3-5 pound range, and really struggling to make a dent. It doesn't seem to matter if I eat more, exercise more, etc. But... I just keep plugging away knowing that I enjoy exercise and will keep doing it to be healthy and strong. Someday the weight will come down (fingers crossed)!!!