Weekend logging :(

Options
I'm sure I'm not the first to post something like this but just wondered how other people handle the weekends. I do great during the week and in the evenings...but it seems like once the weekend comes it's hard to stick to it. My husband and I went out to a late lunch this weekend...and I slipped off the wagon...didn't eat as healthy and then ended up feeling disappointed in myself. At this point, I think we are probably just picking the wrong places to eat as even the salads didn't look healthy. I sometimes think the best way to control what I eat is to just not eat out...but that isn't the answer either.

What are some of the things you do to stay on track during your more difficult times?

Replies

• Mandirella
    Options
    I've been struggling with the same issue. It's not just the eating it's also drinking. I do not drink at all during the week, but come the weekend I am meeting people for happy hour or just a night of going out and dancing which leads to drinking. :drinker: and it's killing me.
  • Lmezz11
    Lmezz11 Posts: 619 Member
    Options
    I would suggest checking out the restaurants online before you go. Check out the menu and see if there are healthy options for you. You can always input a meal into your food diary to see how it will effect it and then delete it. Also, don't beat yourself up over small mistakes. This is all about a life change. We did not gain weight over night and we won't lose it over night (even though that would be super!). It takes time to adjust to a new lifestyle. When I slip up I don't stress about it, I just sit down and think about why I am here- why I decided to make this change. Then I tell myself that I don't want to slip up anymore and keep going. One meal doesn't define failure or success.
  • Calzaretta
    Calzaretta Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    My wife LOVES to eat out and this is a tough one for me, too. One mindset that works for some is to have one day a week where you eat what you want. So, you could meal plan for the week leaving, say, Saturday night and Sunday morning open for an eat-what-you-want bacchanal with your husband and be disciplined the other 6 days. You won't pay too big a price for the two meals of free-eating, but emotionally you (and he) might find a lot of comfort in that. Your husband just has to be on board and know that he can't spring a bag of cheeseburgers and fries on you Friday night - Saturday night is your time to eat like people without a care.