STARBUCKS LOVERS I NEED SUGESSTIONS :)

Options
2»

Replies

• datxdiva
    datxdiva Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I had no idea Starbucks had an app! LOL, i always order the tall or grande caramel macchiatto skinny.
  • cara4fit
    cara4fit Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Get a plain black coffee, small. No add-ins.
  • AlexPaige
    AlexPaige Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Starbucks barista here. Whenever I want to have something at work (aka every day I'm there), I go into making it thinking of it as a treat, not a drink. That way, you honestly feel less guilty. For frappucinnos, which btw the default for those is WHOLE milk, the nonfat versions taste just as fine and you can't tell the different between them and the full-fat versions. But, you'd want to not go "light" because the light coffee base is pretty icky :wink:
    Also, never let them use the classic syrup for your espresso drinks, it's just pure liquid sugar and Splenda is a fine substitute.
    For hot drinks, 2% milk is the default, but those ones will usually involve some sacrifice in taste if you go to nonfat, but not a great amount.
    And no whip, unfortunately. :frown:
    Also, I agree with the other poster who said to download the app, because it will make it so much easier for you to count your calories!
    tl;dr nonfat will still make it taste like a treat.
  • graelwyn
    graelwyn Posts: 1,340 Member
    Options
    I do Starbucks so rarely that if I do go, I have a full fat milk latte, cappuccino or a frappuccino (had only one frappuccino in my life and it was really, really gorgeous) I don't like skim milk and don't even use it at home.
  • ashlinmarie
    ashlinmarie Posts: 1,263 Member
    Options
    I get a venti iced sugar free vanilla latte with soy. It is 160 calories and oh so good!
  • sharpeoplepc
    sharpeoplepc Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I brew a small amount of strong coffee and mix it with half a cup of almond milk and 2 scoops of Vanilla EAS Premium Protein Powder. It is 200 calories and 27 grams of protein. A healthy snack that feels like you are indulging in a coffee house drink!
  • ExplorinLauren
    ExplorinLauren Posts: 991 Member
    Options
    http://dashingdish.com/recipes/shakes/

A starbucks frap is on there :)
  • FitnSassy
    FitnSassy Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • AngelAtkins61
    AngelAtkins61 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I LOVE their caramel macchiato's :) BUT not the price or calories.
    Coffeemate makes a sugar free caramel macchiato!!!!!!!!!!! OMG I make coffee and pop in the fridge to chill (I make extra this way) I use truvia and the Coffeemate OMG its SO good!
    you can make it nice and STRONG or not depending on your taste. You could also blend it for a frozen drink.
    Try this guys you will not be sorry!
  • myfitnessval
    myfitnessval Posts: 687 Member
    Options
    official SB barista here. i vote for the skinny caramel macchiato.
  • Tlopez428
    Tlopez428 Posts: 115
    Options
    Grande skinny mocha is 100 calories! and a tall is only 70 calories! They are delicious too. I got one the other day and was so happy!
  • Laddiegirl
    Laddiegirl Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    I just get my standard from even before I started on MFP. A double tall iced nonfat vanilla latte. Well worth 125 calories in my book!
  • AlexPaige
    Options
    Those are the old numbers. Starbucks readjusted thenumbers, a tall is 100 calories.
  • AlexPaige
    Options
    Grande skinny mocha is 100 calories! and a tall is only 70 calories! They are delicious too. I got one the other day and was so happy!

Those are the old numbers. Starbucks readjusted them, a tall is 100 calories,