Sick of being fat

Options
Hello I am 31 years old , I am 5'8" and currently weigh 220lbs. I went most of my life around 140 to 150lbs, even through having my first 3 children. Until I had my last two children. They are now 21 month old and a 2.5 month old. I have picked up horrible eating habits the last few years. I am hoping that this site helps me really see what I am putting in my mouth. Poptarts are my enemy.

Replies

• Hope502012
    Hope502012 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Welcome!

You will find a lot of help and support on MFP!

I'll send you a friend request and best of luck :flowerforyou:
  • stemab3
    stemab3 Posts: 58
    Options
    you've come to the right place..........we've all been there or in my case are still there. I'm on here everyday so feel free to add me!
  • xPerfectt
    xPerfectt Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I've been a big girl ever since I was little.
    I know it can be very frustrating but you can't give up.

You've been small before so you know what it takes to get there and stay there!
    Just start making healthy choices, and make sure you don't go over your daily calorie limit.

There are a lot of helpful people on MFP.
    If you need any help just reach out to the people on here!

Good luck! :3
  • postrockandcats
    postrockandcats Posts: 1,145 Member
    Options
    You're certainly not alone here :)
  • untgirl01
    untgirl01 Posts: 8
    Options
    You can do it! And I agree, Poptarts are my TRIGGER FOOD! Feel free to friend me!
  • wtfusernameisnttaken
    Options
    Hello I am 31 years old , I am 5'8" and currently weigh 220lbs. I went most of my life around 140 to 150lbs, even through having my first 3 children. Until I had my last two children. They are now 21 month old and a 2.5 month old. I have picked up horrible eating habits the last few years. I am hoping that this site helps me really see what I am putting in my mouth. Poptarts are my enemy.

I was always around 130-140lbs, until I had my kids, The first one I was diagnosed with hypertension and put on bed rest, I ended up after having the baby a size 16, then, two years later, had my second child but during pregnancy was found to have super ventricular tachycardia. And put on bed rest. I ballooned to 230lbs and never lost it because I wasn't allowed to bring my heart rate up (usually hovered around 120 with no activity).... So here I am, a year after my corrective procedure, allowed to exercise and push. I have 240lbs on me, ish... at the start... You are not alone.
  • elsinorepc
    Options
    Hang in there. You're still young. I'm 57 and weight 219. I was doing so well until I stopped exercising because I'm anemic. I'm really trying this time and decided enough is enough. I'm glad I never liked Poptarts. Hopefully, the support at this site will help you.
  • Tallblondechick
    Options
    Me too...I am 5"10 and weigh 199 pounds today. I was always 158-160 after children were born. I smoked for 35 years and ate anything I wanted. Now I am smokefree and eating good again. Yesterday while grocery shopping I thought about all the choices I had to make. I passed up the pop tarts which I love. I passed the sugary cereal . I passed the cookie and chip aisle. I did buy nice apples, pears, bananas, weight watchers fudge bars, cantaloupe, and boxed raisins. In the meat section I bought 95 % lean ground beef, boneless skinless chicken breast, and ground turkey. Lima beans, asparagus, cabbage, carrots, and broccolli are all veggies I eat, so thats what I bought. It is a choice we make everyday. We can choose to be fat, or we can choose to be healthy. In 3 weeks I have lost 7 pounds.
    You can do this just by making different choices. Feel free to add me if you'd like. Sometimes I still make poor decisions when it comes to food. But I don't quit. I just try to make better choices the next time. Good luck
  • Determinedgirl02
    Options
    Hi, I'm new too! I need all the motivation and support I can get. Please feel free to add me if you'd like to.
  • L_jo
    L_jo Posts: 19 Member
    Options

This site has a lot to offer.. Very easy to use and all of the supportive people you will find that are going through the same thing you might be. hang in there! you can do it!

Ps. I love the Poptart reference. My co worker just offered me one, Yeah, I said no. I used to love them!
  • SANDRAMACK12
    Options
    welcome :smile: :flowerforyou: !!! YES you are in the right place iam here as well feel free to add me too....you just made a step towards change CMON! you can do it.

24625574.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • liljeanne
    liljeanne Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Sounds like you have had your "light bulb" moment and are finally fed up with carrying the extra pounds, me too :) I think that's great !! When you wake up that one day and say, that's it I've had enough and You start to take control, rather than feeling so out of control. That's what MFP has done for me and I've only been going a few weeks with the program. It keeps me HONEST with my daily intake and has been a good education in nutritional facts. One day at a time, one walk at a time, one meal at a time :) YOU can do anything you put your mind too, you deserve to do this for You!! Everyone needs a cheerleader, so you came to the right place :) You Got this.