30 Day Shred

Options
Hello all.

I have a question, for the 30 day shred do I rest on the weekends at all? Or just do it everyday for 30 days? Also I was reading some success stories on this and most people don't lose a lot of weight but they get toned and lose inches so should I just stick to my normal workout so I can lose the fat say 2 days a week and do the 30 day shred the other 3 to tone as I lose?

Replies

• jwuchef87
    jwuchef87 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    bump..i'd like to know as well :)
  • Louttie
    Louttie Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    Jillian doesn't say but I'm sure your meant to do 30 days straight, 10 days at level 1, 10 days at level 2 etc. I started on Wednesday and didn't get round to doing it on the weekend, now i regret it! I feel so lazy as its only a 20 minute workout.. I'm starting again tonight and seeing the 30 days through to the end. Wish me luck!
  • dreamsofescaping
    dreamsofescaping Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    Jillian doesn't say but I'm sure your meant to do 30 days straight, 10 days at level 1, 10 days at level 2 etc. I started on Wednesday and didn't get round to doing it on the weekend, now i regret it! I feel so lazy as its only a 20 minute workout.. I'm starting again tonight and seeing the 30 days through to the end. Wish me luck!

Good luck I will join you! :smile: I found the level 1 on you tube so I am sure there must be level 2 and 3 there as well. If not I will just keep doing level 1 lol
  • katiegregory23
    katiegregory23 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I'm attempting to do it for 30 days straight. I'm on day 15 now. I've read that others have taken at least one rest day and still seen results, so I'd say do what your body is telling you. The only reason I'm trying to do it everyday is because I'm starting my "journey" over again for the 900th time, and I'm afraid if I take a rest day it will turn into 2 weeks. I'm also walking 3 days a week and walk/running another 3 days. Good luck! It's hard, but I've already lost 8 lbs and quite a few inches.
  • dreamsofescaping
    Options
    I'm attempting to do it for 30 days straight. I'm on day 15 now. I've read that others have taken at least one rest day and still seen results, so I'd say do what your body is telling you. The only reason I'm trying to do it everyday is because I'm starting my "journey" over again for the 900th time, and I'm afraid if I take a rest day it will turn into 2 weeks. I'm also walking 3 days a week and walk/running another 3 days. Good luck! It's hard, but I've already lost 8 lbs and quite a few inches.

WOW in 15 days that is WONDERFUL!!!! I feel the same way if I rest I get lazy. I have not worked out since I think thursday but thats because I was extremely busy this weekend (company came) and I can't work out while others are here. The part I have the hardest time with is the jumping jacks so far and I forget the other one (but it kills my feet for a few days) so I am trying to do it but I know I could be putting more OOMPH into it but because I am on my feet all day for my job I don't want to hurt them more lol.
  • mali240
    mali240 Posts: 126
    Options
    i did it for 30 days straight.... coz well for me one day rest turns into 3 weeks... it does a little harder to do on the level 2 for ten days straight, but IMO totally worth it.. just push through the pain, i kept reminding myself its only 20 mins and i bear the pain for 20
  • dreamsofescaping
    Options
    i did it for 30 days straight.... coz well for me one day rest turns into 3 weeks... it does a little harder to do on the level 2 for ten days straight, but IMO totally worth it.. just push through the pain, i kept reminding myself its only 20 mins and i bear the pain for 20

What kind of results did you see after the 30 days if you don't mind my asking?
  • bbaker172
    bbaker172 Posts: 93
    Options

WOW in 15 days that is WONDERFUL!!!! I feel the same way if I rest I get lazy. I have not worked out since I think thursday but thats because I was extremely busy this weekend (company came) and I can't work out while others are here. The part I have the hardest time with is the jumping jacks so far and I forget the other one (but it kills my feet for a few days) so I am trying to do it but I know I could be putting more OOMPH into it but because I am on my feet all day for my job I don't want to hurt them more lol.

Definitely need good workout shoes!!! Those help a LOT! : )
  • dreamsofescaping
    Options

Definitely need good workout shoes!!! Those help a LOT! : )

I may have to stop into the shoe store today! Thank you. I have a good pair for work they seem to help but I don't think they are meant for exercising I think they are more for standing on ones feet all day.
  • jezzi16
    jezzi16 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    On her 6 weeks to 6 packs DVD she says to only do it 5 days a week, so I carry that over to this video as well
  • VanessaGS
    VanessaGS Posts: 514 Member
    Options
    I did it for four days a week and did notice a huge difference in my arms. I noticed a little in my stomach but just remember not to get discouraged because the stomach area does take time.
  • breza262
    breza262 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I just started it last week, but am fitting it in every other day. I'm not letting up on my other workouts, so just adding to my routine. I know I won't see the results as fast, but it's a great boost, plus it is a start for strength for me. Good luck!
  • ashstarz
    ashstarz Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I did every day for 30 days and lost my 9 lbs. I also continued to do my normal workouts. You can do it! and do it every day!
  • dreamsofescaping
    Options
    On her 6 weeks to 6 packs DVD she says to only do it 5 days a week, so I carry that over to this video as well

I was wondering about this because I had read somewhere that when you build muscle you need to give it rest days and drink plenty of water to help rebuild the torn fibers in the muscles and when they have rebuilt you end up with stronger muscles. If you don't allow rest time for the muscles then they keep tearing and never heal and become stronger.
  • krisiepoo
    krisiepoo Posts: 710 Member
    Options
    I am doing the 30DS along with running and weight training and my rest days are on Friday so will continue to rest on Friday so my body can take care of itself :)
  • Pacefit4God
    Options
    Today will be my first day. But I say listen to your body. You may need to break once a week. Good luck!
  • katiegregory23
    katiegregory23 Posts: 26 Member
    Options

The first week was water weight, I'm sure, but I'm still happy with the results so far! I was really sore the first 4 days. The jumping jacks weren't too bad for me, it's the plank stuff on level 2 that I still have to modify that may kill me :).
  • dreamsofescaping
    Options
    I did it for four days a week and did notice a huge difference in my arms. I noticed a little in my stomach but just remember not to get discouraged because the stomach area does take time.

My biggest problem is in my tummy I keep losing off my hips but my lower tummy is a SLOOOOWWWW progress but still a progress haha trying to remind myself of this.
  • Vitamin_K
    Vitamin_K Posts: 47
    Options
    I am on day 15 ( I took one day off & felt guilty, it is only 20 min). I am not going to take another day off of it. I am doing level 2 now (this is day 7 on it) & I also do either jogging or walking on the treadmill for at least 20 min after everytime. I also throw in some extra ab exercises & some extra push ups for 10 minutes too. I have not lost a pound since doing it.. but I am not concerned at all because I can see that my legs & stomach are already changing. Good Luck & stick with it... it is only 20 minutes, so don't make any excuses to not do it every day, even if you have to do the modified version!!
  • dreamsofescaping
    Options
    I just started it last week, but am fitting it in every other day. I'm not letting up on my other workouts, so just adding to my routine. I know I won't see the results as fast, but it's a great boost, plus it is a start for strength for me. Good luck!

That is awesome! I think its great that she uses our own body as a weight to strength train. Good job and good luck to you as well :)