Needing some inspirational people in my life. FFL!

Options
Many times people will hound me with "You have to do this" "No, you have to do that." I get pulled into so many directions it's not even funny. Other people tell me I am fine the way I am, if I am fine then why are you scared about your weight when you are clearly in the healthy size zone. I am Miranda, I am 22, I work at a retail store, and I am a obese woman. I tend to get stared at wherever I go; some reasons more positive than others. One reason is I am told I have a nice smile, other reasons are due to my weight. Walking down the street gets people inspired to honk and yell mean words out their windows. I am told often it is because they are insecure but I can't see it. Walking around my job entices teens to "moo" behind me. Same story different year. I am just exhausted in trying not to let it get to me, but the thing is, I am the one who wakes up in the morning and avoids the mirror. I beat myself down so hard that I have had mental breakdowns and panic attacks. This is not where I intended to be. I did not intend to get so depressed and so big it offended anyone's retinas. I, however, have tried to get people to see me differently, I do try my best. I fall down a lot while I am on the wagon sometimes. I just tumble off and then fall into a creek, but I eventually get right back up and start running back to the wagon pulling my pants up along the way. I am in need of some inspiration to get me on my way. As of right now I am hanging onto the edge of the wagon. I have cut out soda and I have cut my portion sizes way down. I drink water all day every day. I go swimming more often at least for an hour. I am wanting to go back to the gym and do some at home floor work. I just think I need some friends who have been in my boat and some friends who are in my boat. Together we can shake off this on again off again wagon issue.

Replies

• insanitymum
    Options
    You can do this! If your determined you can do anything :)
  • MeganKatiie
    Options
    I'm in the same boat as you hun, feel free to message me or add as a friend x
  • MeganKatiie
    Options
    I need more people like you in my internet life :) haha x
  • mirandaneal19
    mirandaneal19 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Thank you!
  • Mama_Mila
    Mama_Mila Posts: 511 Member
    Options
    You can do it :) No worries...writing this was a great start! You have my support!!
  • afigueroa_pr
    afigueroa_pr Posts: 344
    Options
    You have my support!! Feel free to add me!!
  • DoomCakes
    DoomCakes Posts: 806 Member
    Options
    Same boat as you as well. And feel free to add me, I'll gladly help cheer you on. And you do have a very nice smile. :)
  • Sbehlmer
    Sbehlmer Posts: 464 Member
    Options
    You can do this.....WCDT (We Can Do This!!) :) Feel free to add me if you'd like...
  • MassObserver
    MassObserver Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I was feeling the same way but you cannot let people affect how you feel about yourself. I know, I know easier said than done. But you can do this, one meal at a time. Dont look at how much you have to lose but just one meal, snack, and glass of water. What small choices can you make now. That way you dont get overwhelmed and want to give up.
    You can friend me if you want. I look for encouragement and to encourage every day. :)
  • mirandaneal19
    mirandaneal19 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Thank you all :) feel free to message me any stories or things that could help me with sticking to it.
  • Lizzym911
    Lizzym911 Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    You can't let what others think of you bring you down, that's their stupidity .you can change your weight they cant change stupid! this isn't easy and its not going to happen over night, i think of it as a new start everyday, don't look to far ahead as far as goals, take maybe 5 lbs at a time and just work at it like that. think of it as a new life and forget about the old ways of thinking about food.. you can do it and there is so much love and support here , I know you can do it. add me if you like
  • kekagel
    kekagel Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    I struggle with a food addiction every day. The only thing I can tell you is that you have to do it for you. If you try to do it for someone else or because of someone else, you'll eventually lose motivation. Decide today to make healthier choices and tell yourself you can do it. Then tomorrow, tell yourself the same thing. Add me if you want.
  • laycee1984
    Options
    Sounds like we have a lot in common. :happy: I think that you participating at fitnesspal is a big step for positive change and it shows how serious you are about getting healthy. It sounds like you have made some good changes by watching portions, swimming, and staying away from soda. It seems like I can start my day out pretty well with my food choices but buy the time the sun sets I turn into someone who cant control herself :explode: I too would like some people to talk to about this stuff without hearing everything I should be doing or hearing about everything I'm doing wrong. You seem like your on the right track and maybe we can visit more about our battles. :smile:

Laycee
  • ktlynesmom
    ktlynesmom Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    You have my support! Add me as a friend!
  • ivan1964
    ivan1964 Posts: 435
    Options
    Hello and welcome here. You can do anythig you put your mind too. I hope you have as great day and feel free to add me if you wish. :smile:
  • MrJamsieboi
    Options
    Hey,

Your tag line sums it up for me I am also tired of being tired. It sounds like you are making a good start this is oly day two for me I have given up soda can feel the withdrawals kicking in and done my first serious exercise in years (well serious for me lol) long way to go but this place seems full of inspirational people one day we might be one of them ;)

Good luck
  • midge69
    midge69 Posts: 22
    Options
    Well being on this is site is a start. There is quite a few people who are here that have issues of the same nature and of course other issues as well. I wished I could tell you to ignore the rude people and their comments and it would go away, unfortunately the comments are still in the air and for that I am sorry you have to suffer from the ignorance of people and their insecurities. I have quit drinking soda too and that is the hardest thing I have had to give up lol sounds crazy huh.. You may want try and drink some fruit juices as well because after awhile you get tired of water and I am an avid drinking of water so occasionally grape fruit juice is good on a hot day.. If you need another friend to help push you along the way add me.. You keep your head up, you are young, beautiful, and smart:flowerforyou:
  • greybeh
    greybeh Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I've been yelled at from kids driving by. It makes you feel awful and so self-conscious.

I've given it some thought, though. People who act that way will probably be punished for it later. I'm not saying that it's karma or anything like that. I just think of what kind of person they may be... and I imagine other people around them see it, too. When you're a kid, you might get by impressing "friends" who are equally as mean as you are (some "friends" to have, right?)... but that will only serve them for so long...

Maybe they'll miss out on opportunities because folks saw them put someone down... Maybe they'll miss out on a job or promotion because they don't know how to act. Just being nice to other people can go a long way.

I try not to dwell on these things but I've thought enough about it to give it a second thought when someone is mean to me.

As for being in your healthy weight range... Have you given it any thought about setting your goal to try to be more "fit"? I have health issues and the more FIT that I become, the better I (generally) feel. Not that my asthma ever "went away" when I lost weight or the osteoarthritis doesn't just "disappear" -- but I just... feel better. I have more stamina, I feel stronger... I do actually breathe a little better... and I sleep better. I'm not running marathons or anything... I'm happy that I can make it across the bridge on my morning walk without having to stop like I used to have to do.
  • duckytracks
    Options
    You can do it!! you have my support :)

add me!
  • mkup04
    mkup04 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Hi Miranda,

You need to find what works for you. I can tell you about what I am doing and I have PCOS, Hypothyroism, yada yada... it is called the Metabolism Miracle. I am 34 and have energy for the first time since grade school.

But don't listen to everyone. Try something, if it does not work for you, try something else. Most importantly...Don't give up! You will get frustraded but don't let it get to you!

I know words hurt, but laugh it off, those people are idiots! They do not know you and they are just as insecure as they are trying to make you feel.

Get inspiration and ideas from people you admire. Like, I LOVE Bob Harper, Jillian Michaels and Dr. OZ. I listen to what they say A lot. It does not mean they are alway right... but they do know what they are doing.

Good Luck and try to have some fun with it. It will help to keep you going!